• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DS exploring lake Conroe area

dbdolan

Inactive Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Dolan
Friday 12/30/05 was a beautiful day for riding. I met up with a fellow KLR rider James Cain in Montgomery and headed towards the national forest lake stubblefield area. There were still quite a few deer hunters in the area so we stuck to the fire roads then made our way along lake Conroe back to Willis to eat at Leroy's BBQ:eat:
shnf-1.jpg

shnf-2.jpg

Here is a link to a video that I put together with my little digital still camera, just messin around with it. I need to come up with a way to mount it...still workin' on that.
klr ride 12-30-05.wmv

Last edited:
:tab That is a nice area to run around in. There are a lot of other fun little dirt roads that run West of FM 1791 all the way over to FM 1488. Just North of all that is even more on the other side of Hwy 30. I'll be hitting some of those tomorrow (Sat) when heading to College Station for the final Pie Run of the year, albeit in a very round about way ;-)

:tab Nice looking bikes ;-)

From that jacket, I thought maybe the other rider's name was "Bud."
:lol:

Nice little video. You're braver than I am, shooting all that by hand.

I recognize those roads! Nice bikes. I'll have to join in one of these days but you'll have to put up with stopping for gas more often. My KLX doesn't have the range that a KLR does. LOL.

Nice video!

Bryan......I would be careful who I ride with in the future, James may get you in trouble running around with you :lol2:

Hemibee said:
Bryan......I would be careful who I ride with in the future, James may get you in trouble running around with you :lol2:
He is a handful, He went to King's a couple weeks ago I guess he couldn't make it tonight.

Last edited:
dbdolan said:
He is a hannful, He went to King's a couple weeks ago I guess he couldn't make it tonight.

I talked to him at work that day and I was going to try to make it then too but was late getting home.

Back