• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Gravel Guy's brother

so very sorry to hear of your loss. it is very hard losing a brother.

you seem to be a strong, caring, responsible person.

please remember to concentrate on your riding during this time...accidents can happen when you have your mind on other things especially a death.

Thank you for the kind words.......and good advice....I'll try.

My brother's obit, as yet unpublished in San Antonio:
Michael E. Drumm, beloved son of Laura Miller and David Drumm died in a boating accident on Braunig Lake Sunday 18 May 2014. He was born 11 August 1969 in Landstuhl U.S.Army Hospital, Germany where he was baptized due to danger of death. Later he was formally baptized in St. Andrew's Catholic church, Lytle Texas where he graduated from high school in 1987. He then joined the Army serving four years active duty and four years in Reserves. He was employed at Toyota at the time of his death. Michael's hobbies were fishing, boating, Volkswagens and his dog. Punkin, his latest Boxer, was obtained from S. A. Animal Care Services. Mike is survived by his parents, his brother, Mark, sister-in-law, Jennifer and his beloved niece and nephew, Emily and Mason. Michael's many friends, co-workers and neighbors have given generously of their time and help to the family. A Memorial Mass is being arranged at Prince of Peace Catholic church, 7893 Grissom Road, San Antonio; time and date pending finalization of the cremation. In lieu of flowers, those who wish can remember Mike with a donation to one of the local animal rescue organizations.

I sure miss him......:(

I am sad for you Mark. Elaine and I are thinking about you and continuing to pray for spiritual and emotional healing for you and your family....

The memorial mass service will be held for Michael Edward Drumm at the Prince of Peace church on Grissom Rd. this Saturday the 7th of June at 10:00 a.m. in lieu of flowers; a modest donation to your favorite dog rescue organization would be fitting....Mike bought and owned several Boxer dogs from places in both San Antonio and Austin. Thank you all.......:zen:

Here's a picture of my brother....Mike was 44 years old, never married and I used to joke that he was almost housebroke.......well that wasn't far from the truth........he liked old trucks and old volkswagens and boxer dogs and was one of the best welders. I ever knew.....he worked in the custom truck outfitter business for 2 decades....I've seen him cut the top off a suburban and make it drive from the roof rack....I've seen him stretch a jeep and make an off-road limousine with gun racks and dog cages and electrically heated dog bowls.....Mike was sporadic and lonely and he finally got one thing he always really wanted....and antique Boston Whaler.....and he died near it. He was a horrible driver but got pissed off it you mentioned it to him......and he would help you at 2:00 am without question if he was your friend.......and maybe if you weren't. He got suckered by a couple of women to the tune of many thousands of dollars, diamond rings, etc......and had the debt to show for it. He was dating a women that really cared for and believed in him and she HAD to swim for her life away from a spinning boat and watch him go under........I don't know what else to say.........
I am strong enough but he was stronger than me and I saw him lift a 21' length of 4" schedule 40 pipe and put it on the rack all by himself and chastise the rookie that was supposed to help him for being to slow........sorry for ranting...Mike was a redneck, naturally and without shame.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 238
No worries about ranting. Thanks for sharing his story. I lost my younger brother when he was 36. I'm sad that you lost yours. Hold on to the memories.

sent from a phone, excuse typos

That's powerful stuff, Mark.

I am a firm believer that we will be present in this world as long as someone is remembering our life.

I'm here for you, bro.

Hold on to the memories.

sent from a phone, excuse typos

Here here!

My little brother loved old ford trucks. He was killed in a 78 Camper special. Looked like this.
SC12_r384_01.jpg

I laugh and tear up every time I see an old ford. There was a movie being made in Bastrop up on the hill in the state park. It was suppose to be a lovey movie with car chases. They had a Challenger as the main car. We went rolling through to see what was going on one day and when we drove by Shannon revved the engine at a guy. He ended up turning around and came for us. Back in the day we use to race up state park hill. That's the hill on 21 going up to the park from 95. If you could run up that you had something. We stomped his but by a few car lengths.

And that's how Shannon get a roll in the movie! Come to find out the driver of the car was the main stunt guy and asked if he wanted to be an extra and have his truck in the movie. Too bad it never made it to the screen.

Bryan

SMOKE RISING, to the HEAVENS requesting a warm reception, for YOUR BROTHER

and for YOU & THE FAMILY...

for those, still subscribed, you ALL need 5 DOCUMENTS

* WILL, listing your preferences for, estate management and dispersal

* GENERAL POWER OF ATTORNEY, for someone to legally take care of business, while you are still alive

* MEDICAL POWER OF ATTORNEY, for someone to legally make medical decisions, for you, if you are unable

* PHYSICIAN'S DIRECTIVES, instructing physicians as to your wishes, regarding "extreme measures" required to keep you alive

* HIPAA RELEASE, so medical personnel can, legally, discuss your condition/situation, w/ those you designate

this may not be enough for every individual/situation, but they made my life much easier when my parents were in their decline & again, for my family members, when i had my wreck

add, to the above, ICE(In Case of Emergency) information, in the appropriate locations

sw

Mark,
I am so sorry for your loss. May your fond memories of your brother help to ease your pain in the days to come. God bless you and your family.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Donation made to Austin Pets Alive in honor of your brother.

Mark, I will be praying for you and your family as you celebrate your brothers life tomorrow. It will be a long hard day, but listen to the stories that will be shared and smile knowing that he has touched many people.

Mark, I just noticed this thread. So very sorry for the loss of your brother. May Gods presence guide you and your family thru this terrible time.

In Celebration of Michael Drumm

A substantial throng joined this morning in San Antonio to remember Michael (Mike) Drumm and offer condolence to his family.

I did not know Michael but heartfelt remarks delivered by his close friend Luis Reyes described a man with traits familiar to those of us fortunate to know his brother Mark …

A man with a passion for slightly esoteric internally-combusted devices. Though not burdened with Mark’s Guzzi-itis, Michael had a penchant for air-cooled VW’s as manifest in the Baja Bug. He’d probably have been pleased to see the solid handful of Baja Bugs scattered in the crowded church parking lot.

A man quick to set-aside personal differences in favor of friendship. I was reminded of Mark’s friendship despite some significant differences in our political philosophies.

A man always ready to help a friend “stranded by the side of the road” at any time in any place. It must run in the Drumm's genes.

Clearly a lot of folks will miss and remember the 'character' that was Mike Drumm.

Mark, his Mother, and family, seem to be doing well given the circumstances. I hope that they drew strength from the crowd of support that gathered this morning.

R.I.P. Michael Drumm

Alan,
thanks for making the trip to be with us this day.....I'll not soon forget your kind gesture. The Catholic mass brought back memories of old, was exactly what mom wanted and I guess needed for closure. Big Lou's speech was very heartfelt; and touched many in the audience. Modestly describing his help for Mike; indeed it was Lou that raced him to the hospital year before last when Mike was gunshot....probably saving his life then. Lou demanded that they receive him instantly, and no one argues with 6'4" and 280lbs.
To wit, I found closure with my brother's death the day I saw him floating in the lake....identifying him for the Wardens and SAPD......all that is left to fulfill Mike's wishes will be to take him to PINS and release his ashes into the sea and sand....and I think it appropriate to wait for cooler weather and a lack of Texas coast seaweed.....
And........ Mason and I just got back from sliding a few gravel corners in this:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 233
And so today you would have been 45....and this day was skewed.....as if a timing belt had jumped a cog and smoothness was impossible.....first a bit late and then the beer was late and some smashed and on the clean floor turning to mud.....not unlike my heavy heart. Tried to smile and joke with the guys but couldn't make it stick..... So the day finished with improbable August rain, thunder and lightening and thumping home in 74 degrees and rain slow motion bending over the screen 'round the fender soaking my knees boots gloves......oh how the salve worked, chilled my flesh, lifted my spirits and improved my mood...tomorrow will be better. :pray:

Mark you said it well, tomorrow will be better. But the path of the uncompromisingly just and righteous is like the light of dawn, that shines more and more brighter and clearer until it reaches its full strength and glory in the perfect day. Proverbs4:18 Mark I can't wait to see the dawn in the morning, it's always so beautiful after a rain.

I have no words, but I offer my thoughts.
This things are really hard.

Hang in there Mark. Time and God heals all wounds, even wounds as great as this. Elaine and I will include you and your family in our prayers this morning.

Back