• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have a whopping 4 months of riding experience. I bought a dirtbike earlier this year and then ended up getting a DR650 a few months later. I'm around the 75/635 area of the metroplex. I'd like to get out on some dirt roads soon and start having fun!

I've attached pics of my DR below.

Attachments

• image-20180525_163328_copy.jpg
    image-20180525_163328_copy.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_20180607_142557_copy.jpg
    IMG_20180607_142557_copy.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_20180710_103427_copy.jpg
    IMG_20180710_103427_copy.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_20180714_131404_copy.jpg
    IMG_20180714_131404_copy.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 254
I have a whopping 4 months of riding experience.

Welcome from the Southwest contingent.

I don't think I had even bought my bike when I first joined TWT so you're one up on me. (but I have done my best in the passing years to make up for it)

thanks everyone!

Oh man that thing is nice :thumb:.
Thank you! I told myself I wasn't going to farkle it up until I got a feel for the bike but that didn't work out :mrgreen:

Welcome from the Southwest contingent.

I don't think I had even bought my bike when I first joined TWT so you're one up on me. (but I have done my best in the passing years to make up for it)
I commute on the DR so hopefully that will help me bridge the gap :ponder:

thanks everyone!

Thank you! I told myself I wasn't going to farkle it up until I got a feel for the bike but that didn't work out :mrgreen:

I commute on the DR so hopefully that will help me bridge the gap :ponder:

;) keep a close watch on that credit card balance and pay it off asap!

to find dirt I am thinking you'll have to go up towards Farmersville. Looking on google maps, CR 600 between 601 and 566 looks to be gravel and a few other roads just south of Farmersville. southeast of TX-78 and HWY380. Those pics are from 2007 though so over 11 years old and may not be accurate anymore from street view.

Let us know where you find the unpaved stuff up there. I've wanted to go exploring up there a few times myself. I live south, but work up in Frisco.

;) keep a close watch on that credit card balance and pay it off asap!

Oh I am! It can be a slippery slope.

to find dirt I am thinking you'll have to go up towards Farmersville. Looking on google maps, CR 600 between 601 and 566 looks to be gravel and a few other roads just south of Farmersville. southeast of TX-78 and HWY380. Those pics are from 2007 though so over 11 years old and may not be accurate anymore from street view.

Let us know where you find the unpaved stuff up there. I've wanted to go exploring up there a few times myself. I live south, but work up in Frisco.

Will do! I'm waiting on it to cool down a bit first.

Hi, I grew up in Red Oak! Seems like everytime I go down your neck of the woods there's something new.

Welcome. Watch the upcoming rides in both the main and the dirt section and try to join in on one in the next few weeks or months. You'll meet a few people and might just find someone to ride with / help you get a bit more experience.

Welcome to the forum, Chaveskii! You've come to the right place.

By the way, just in case anyone’s interested, my sister Tina is selling a few Black Rock Wheels. If anyone’s interested, feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
Back