• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RideSmart Track School Creeson 6/26 and 6/27/16

Oooooh, a BMW. That's more what I call an ADV bike. I thought you wrecked something like a DR or a KLR. Understandable how a BMW bill can come in pretty high, enough to claim. :D

An UNPAINTED gas tank for the bike was $1300 by itself... :eek2: The tank was fine, it just had a big ding in the side of it. Some brackets in the dash area were cracked. These were what everything else attaches to. They were around $500 I think. New head cover for one side was over $1000. The shop labor was pretty high as well. So I just took the check, ordered the parts, replaced those that HAD to be replaced and left the others in the box so I could swap them out to make the bike pretty for sale later.

I don't know which bikes they make them for, but for a lot of the sport bikes you can get cheaper fairings than the OEM ones and swap them out for use on track days. That way if you just "scuff" the bike, you can remove the cheap fairings and put your regular fairings back on the bike. I think Shark skins was one of the brands, but I am sure there are others.

Back