• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Wife needs some prayers

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Greenwood
For those of you so inclined, I would appreciate a brief mention for my wife the next time you feel like doing so.

Wife is having some pretty serious issues right now. Just got home sunday night from a 6 day stay for EEG in a hospital in dallas, removed from old meds (20+ years), and I dont know if the problem is getting worse, or we are dealing with coming down from the old meds. The dr.'s mentioned this could happen, but it is scary for her, and really crazy to me. this is something she has dealt with as a kid because of an injury - she says this is as bad as she has ever had an "episode", and the docs arent positive they know what it is -so we are learning as we go.

If you can, I could use a thought once in a while too. I am trying to keep things positive, but I need some help on that right now too.

I dont know if any more details will ever make it out in public, and I have only met a few of you, but anything right now will be a blessing. :giveup:

Thank you.

Last edited:
Bundles of good juju thoughts coming your way, now. There are no tests but there are trials and I'm wishing strength for you and your wife to see you both thru this.

My prayers are with you and yours. Sometimes even when things are expected to get better, things get scary. Doubts start creeping in. That's when prayers on your behalf, friends, and most of all - a good relation with God can really turn things around.

Prayers being sent. BTW, I "second" kickstand's update question.

Prayers and positive thoughts Matt that you and your wife will be blessed and comforted at this trying time.

Ive typed this out twice, hopefully it takes.

First, thank you all!

Update - this all started with a routine study at a hospital (6 days), ending with her dr not being sure about original diagnosis stemming from when she was 12. She had an accident with brain injury back then.

Dr removed her from meds cold turkey, leaving us with some withdrawal symptoms, which had me come home on the 23rd to find her unable to move or talk. I got her to bed, and in the morning had her go to her moms house so someone could keep an eye out. I came home on teh 24th to get her, and on the way to the car she passed out and had a "seizure". We got her to the hospital, with 6 more while on the way.

Got out on the 28th, and we are at home, now starting the process of finding "normal" again, with the future prospect of a whole lot more dr visits and probably some changes in medication. The continued support means a ton, thank you all very very much.

'off meds cold turkey'. :doh:

there might be more to the reasoning but if it were my husband, i'd find another doc and opinion(s)

just an imo 2 cents worth.

Praying for you brother. I have been there with my wife and it is a tough time. I know how you feel. Just love her and hold her close. It's always good to keep her around people. Reduce whatever stress you can on her as that was a trigger for my wife. Trust in the promise that God will not give us more than we can handle. Be faithful to him and trust in that promise.

Back