• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Break from riding

Scott, doing real well. Trying to walk 1/2 mile a day. Not much appetite but eating enough to get by. Looking forward to follow up appt. to get cleared to start driving again and get back to visiting friends. Thanks for checking.

fantastic! :sun:

Went to the Dr today for follow up and everything is looking good. Will start light rehab here at home and continue with a lot of walking. Can start driving again and get back to riding on February 16. Time is going by pretty fast, so the 16th doesn't seem that far off.

Good to hear! Thanks for the progress report.

Got a good chuckle from your post in the "Just do not feel it" thread.

You'll be rolling in no time it seems, and probably feeling a lot better overall as a bonus.

Went to the Dr today for follow up and everything is looking good. Will start light rehab here at home and continue with a lot of walking. Can start driving again and get back to riding on February 16. Time is going by pretty fast, so the 16th doesn't seem that far off.

Glad to hear this news. See you out there somewhere at some gathering.:clap:

I had no idea my heart was in this shape. Cholesterol and blood pressure were good. All my tests the last 15 years were great and the Doc said my total commitment to working out probably kept me from having a heart attack. I have been taking a baby aspirin the last 15 years and he said that helped also. Hope to see everyone on the road in the near future and thanks again for all the prayers.

Steve,

I am glad you are doing better. The biggest contributor to your condition is probably the result of the typical American diet. If you're interested in avoiding this again and perhaps be able to reduce the statins and other meds, I suggest you watch the movies called Food, Inc. and Forks Over Knifes on Netflix etc.

The massive [ame="http://www.amazon.com/The-China-Study-Comprehensive-Implications/dp/1932100660"]China Study[/ame] conducted in the 1970s shows that the collected diet and lifestyle variables (ignoring all other factors) from inhabitants of the same provinces in China approximately 10 years later, and found that, as blood cholesterol levels rose, so did the prevalence of "Western" diseases recorded in those counties or provinces.

RB

The month will fly by.
Keep up the good work--I know you will, you've been down the rehab path too many times to not know the drill.

Does this mean there will be a ride on the 16th starting in Bryan?
Maybe take it easy, just ride to the Chicken and back?

Does this mean there will be a ride on the 16th starting in Bryan?
Maybe take it easy, just ride to the Chicken and back?

He can probably start riding his 3-wheeled ambulance sooner..... :trust:

Jeez, sorry I missed this post earlier... Glad to hear everything has turned out well. I guess Drew's gonna have to take in a vote for the best place for M&G with a salad on the sides on occasion...

:pound:

Steve, glad you are getting better. Keep it up. A longtime friend I work with had this done about 4 years ago (quadruple). He does tri-athlons (senior version at 68) and never felt better. Just do what the doctor says and you should be fine. Amazing what can be done these days routinely. Heal quick and ride.

Back