• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Prayers requested

Rusty,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Veronica during this time of uncertainty.

It is a great pleasure having you as a friend. Your generous time devoted to the many aspects of our motorcycle community is too numerous to mention. Among the many contributions you have made include opening your house for numerous riding guests over the years including sponsoring several large BBQ gatherings. Finally, you do an super job keeping the TWTEX humming through your diligent \admin duties too.

Peace,

Fred

Thank you for all the responses. I'll let you all know how things work out.

We've had a few up/down bounces with cancer & other ailments over the years, so I can certainly relate. You're in my prayers.

I was tempted to post something last week, but held back because I thought things were settling down. Well, I was wrong. A little background. Many years ago our priest was talking about how life works. He drew a line that went up. He said you have peaks. From that peak he drew a line down below where he started. He said that we also have valleys. Then he drew some smaller peaks and valleys. He said this was all normal and if we managed to eliminate the peaks and valleys then we had a straight line. Then he pointed out that we were looking at a heat beat. If we flat lined, we were dead.

hqdefault.jpg

So, starting early last May, I've been on a bunch of highs and lows. I've felt very alive due to it, but I'm not used to that. So last week I was going to ask from some prayer to just kind of get some smaller peaks and valleys. However things just got interesting and I'd love some prayers for my wife. If you know her, please don't text, call or email her with support. She's not the kind of person that wants to talk about it, but she would like prayer. Last week she went in for her regular "boob squishing" as she calls it. That led to a followup ultrasound on Monday, which is now leading to two biopsies on this coming Monday. The doctor doesn't think what he sees is anything bad, but feels that she needs to have them checked to make sure. So there is no panic at our house, but we are sitting in limbo until probably this time next week before the procedure is done and we hear results. So we are looking at either a little valley or a big one.

So, could you pray specifically for my wife and there being nothing wrong with her. And also for both of us as we go through the next week. And as a minor request, pray for me and some smaller peaks and valleys. Thanks.
My6 and I will keep you both in our prayers.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Prayers for it being nothing serious and comfort for the both of you.

We went through that many years ago and the results were "fibrous". It was removed with day surgery. After a few years they found another and told her they "don't remove those any longer."

Hope yours is no more serious. Just a little knat on your windshield.

My prayers and good thoughts for a clean report.

Tomorrow morning is the procedure. Doc says we should have formal results by Wednesday evening or first thing Thursday.

Thanks for all the prayers, I'll keep you all posted.

Praying, Rusty. I know about those peaks and valleys. I could use a few less valleys myself lately.

Tomorrow morning is the procedure. Doc says we should have formal results by Wednesday evening or first thing Thursday.

Thanks for all the prayers, I'll keep you all posted.

Well...? Any news yet?

Well, she got the results back midday today. Good news, benign. I will have to say that the doctor who requested the test didn't think they were a problem, but wanted to make sure. So we had a very positive attitude throughout the process. The needle biopsy was even easier on Veronica than they told her. She was back to normal on Wednesday.

So out to dinner to celebrate tonight, then she heads to Phoenix for a bit to help her mom who recently had foot surgery and can't get around too well. And her mom has been the only one freaking out about this whole biopsy thing too. She worries about her 8 daughters.

Anyway, thank you all for the prayers for my wife. The answer from above was good. :-)

Back