• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pray for me my brothers and sisters

Praying for you. I have 3 sisters that are cancer survivors. I know our prayers are heard and answered....Dave

Larry,

I had a da Vinci robotic prostatectomy done in the Woodlands two and a half years ago. I was recovering at home the next day after surgery. I was and am still pleased with my decision. My prayer for you, your family and those administering care is strength, calm, assurance and that all is well with your health. Let us know how things are going. God bless!

Phil Kiser

I wish to thank all for their time and energy.

My new Dr is mad at my former Dr for not fixing this when it was just a little problem. I asked my 1st Dr to remove my prostrate last April, but NOOOO.

This year will be a rough one, but I have faith it will be better. Your continued prayer and support are always welcome.

Larry
VFRrider

I wish to thank all for their time and energy.

My new Dr is mad at my former Dr for not fixing this when it was just a little problem. I asked my 1st Dr to remove my prostrate last April, but NOOOO.

This year will be a rough one, but I have faith it will be better. Your continued prayer and support are always welcome.

Larry
VFRrider

On our list, too. :sun:

Keep the Faith. I too was diagnosed with your ailment 10 years ago at the ripe old age of 49. I had robotic surgery and all was well for 9 years. Due to regular checks I found that it had returned this past year . I completed 8 weeks of daily radiation treatments in October and a recent check showed normal. I have my 1st follow up visit with the Oncologist in a few weeks. I'm gradually regaining my strength and plan to return to my hooligan ways soon.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

That's good to hear Ed. We've been praying for you guys too ;-)

Larry we have to head to Louisiana in a few weeks maybe we can stop by and say hello! Hope your doing well! Edit, hey do you still have the VF1000R/VFR project?
Carl

Last edited:
Carl,

Call first to make sure I'm going to be there.

Yes, the project bike is still there, along with about a ton of extras. Can I interest you in a package deal to go????

Larry

UPDATE: On Wednesday, MArch 16 my oncologist reviewed my latest CT and MRI.

Good news, the hormone treatment has taken my PSA from over 13 to .27.

Bad news, He found 5 spots in my lungs.

Plans are all changed. I was going to have 9 weeks of 5 days a week of radiation to KILL the prostrate cancer and surrounding areas (bladder, lymph nodes, etc.). Now we will go for 4 weeks of radiation followed by 4 weeks of chemo to drive ALL the cancer into remission.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I'm gonna live to 104.;-)

Keep those prayers coming, I need all the assistance I can get.

Larry
VFRrider

Thanks for the update Larry. We'll definitely keep you in mind and pray for a good outcome. Lately, it seems like all we do is pray for people with cancer! It is amazing how many people are battling with it. As a kid, we didn't know anyone that had cancer. Seems like it was MUCH less common back in the 60's and 70's.

May God heal you completely and fully. May your faith grow in this ordeal, as a the oak tree grows stronger in the storms. May those around you be encouraged by your faith as you draw upon Him. In those dark, quiet moments of the soul, may He give you great comfort, peace and assurance that He if faithful and will never leave you nor forsake you.

Prayers going up! Stay strong!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back