• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Breakfast & Ride - Sun 12/17/17 @ 9a Twig's Grille in Bandera - TARA/SA

Reaction score
First Name
Sander
32037690350_047edb4ff2.jpg

A Texas Adventure Riders Association
San Antonio Chapter Event

Saturday, December 16, 2017 @ 9am Edit 12/15/17, date change 12/17/17 @ 9a.

https://twigsgrille.com/
cropped-twighd.jpg

26979357809_23a057e3a8_z.jpg

Post Breakfast Ride Information

If anyone is up for a post breakfast ride see the optional route map below. Groups usually take off around 10am.

The Adventure Breakfasts & Rides are all about fun, camaraderie and being safe. Some groups will focus on completing the route, others will just relax and ride to their cut off time and head home.

A group size of 4 - 6 riders with about a maximum of 8 is optimal, grouping by bike size or desired pace is also beneficial if possible.

Rain date information will be posted on the Thursday before the ride if necessary.

December ride map
No map, no GPX, a super secret non-published short route. Directions given at breakfast.

For those that join my group
When I lead a group I don’t stop for lunch, I have several nature break stops and a stop midway out in the country for snacks or a sandwich I bring with me, then of course there are the planned fuel stops.

I stop at every non-obvious corner and wait for the entire group and make sure the last rider sees the proper way to go, there is NEVER a need to ride above your comfort level to keep up, we won’t leave you, I encourage riders to spread out to avoid the dust. The daisy chain method also works well, especially when its extremely dusty to keep the group even more spread out, the rider in front makes sure the rider behind makes the corner and so on until the sweep rider makes the corner. As long as the rider in front takes responsibility for the rider behind no one gets lost.

Please tell someone in the group if you decide to break off from the group, that prevents you being searched for.

Safety and rider etiquette
Having your emergency contact information on you and having that information readily available is critical. This is important not just for group rides but everyday. Even though you may have a buddy along on the ride you may get separated on the road.
At minimum:
Name
Your street
Your town, state, zip code
Driver's license # & state
Emergency contact
Emergency Phone
I taped mine on the bottom of the visor of my dual sport helmet, I also taped another on the back side of my fairing near the dash. The important thing is that it is easy for anyone to find.

Respect landowners and other road users, slow down and ride quietly when passing people, vehicles, animals, homes, etc.

2018 Adventure Breakfast & Ride Calendar HERE

Next Adventure Breakfast & Ride - 3rd Medina County 250, January 20, 2018, starting and ending in Castroville.

Last edited:
Re: Adventure Breakfast & Ride - Sat 12/16/17 @ 9a Twig's Grille in Bandera - TARA/SA

On the calendar this time! Sounds exciting; do we get any clues? Like big bike friendly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Adventure Breakfast & Ride - Sat 12/16/17 @ 9a Twig's Grille in Bandera - TARA/SA

Hey Sander,

The 2018 'event' calendar is a great idea!

For you two guys it would hard to stop you on anything the hill country has to offer on any bike. But the fine Italian scooter would get dirty, and wet. There are some bypasses though...

Of course the 2018 calendar is subject change, the core dates are solid but I'll add on a day here or there to create some 2 day overnighter rides. A restaurant or two may change.

Last edited:

I plan on making this one. I enjoy riding with you guys

Well I will not be making this one. Had a bad get off yesterday, ambulance ride to hospital. 3 cracked ribs8,9 snd11. Badly bruised and was knocked out for s while. Will catch up next time.

Well I will not be making this one. Had a bad get off yesterday, ambulance ride to hospital. 3 cracked ribs8,9 snd11. Badly bruised and was knocked out for s while. Will catch up next time.

Wow! Sorry to hear that; take some time off and heal up, those ribs cracks are no fun! We'll have an extra p'cake for you at Twigs!

Dang it, Hambone!

Take good care of yourself so you heal quickly and well.

Well I will not be making this one. Had a bad get off yesterday, ambulance ride to hospital. 3 cracked ribs 8,9 and 11. Badly bruised and was knocked out for a while. Will catch up next time.

Oh man!!! Sorry to hear that HB. I hope you heal well and fast.

hambone , don't laugh sneeze or cough and your ribs will thank you.....

I probably will be working Saturday.

Hey Sander- how short is this short ride? Trying to decide if it's worth the 2+ hour ride out there, from San Marcos.

TMT,

Roughly 3 hours, Bandera back to Bandera. However, I may ride more after that I just need to be headed towards Castroville by 230 or 3p, I have to attend a Christmas party that night and my alma mater plays for the NCAA Division II football championship starting at 4p. Everyone must swear not to reveal the route to protect it.

I can't even remember my last name, so I don't think that'll be a problem.

-Chris

Adventure Breakfast & Ride - Sat 12/16/17 @ 9a Twig's Grille in Bandera - TARA/SA

I will take the oath of secrecy at breakfast. Do we get blindfolds? - wait that won’t work [emoji43]

The way the weather forecast keeps deteriorating the secret probably won't get out much.

I still plan to be at breakfast and the ride, I won't be able to ride again until after the new year, my co-workers even told me I need to go for a ride...

16 Yamaha WR250R Sparky SOLD

Fred, what? No!

Count me in. I have missed too many of these great rides. See you all at Twig's. If we don't get wet from the skies I am sure Sander can get us wet from below in some water crossing, - Bill

Adventure Breakfast & Ride - Sat 12/16/17 @ 9a Twig's Grille in Bandera - TARA/SA

[quote ] Sander, “The way the weather forecast keeps deteriorating the secret probably won't get out much.” [/quote]

Yeah, the Wx sounds cold & wet. Does the route involve mud? The kind of sticky, slimy, caking, impassible mud?

Alas, Sparky has found a new home, but that leaves room for an upgrade...

Last edited:

.... my co-workers even told me I need to go for a ride...

Boy that’s bad! Lol. What about your sweet wife? Is she hoping you’ll go for a ride too?

Shouldn't be much mud, mostly caliche. Good for the WR, you gave Sparky a good home.

Even my pets think I need some mototherpy.

OK, I give up Saturday, date change, now Sunday, the 17th at 9a.

Re: Adventure Breakfast & Ride - Sun 12/17/17 @ 9a Twig's Grille in Bandera - TARA/SA

well now,.....i'm not working on sunday....

Re: Adventure Breakfast & Ride - Sun 12/17/17 @ 9a Twig's Grille in Bandera - TARA/SA

OK I'll see you all on Sunday! Shoiuld be much better weather. - Bill

Back