• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

MexTrek 2009 - Oct 14-17, Galeana, Mexico

Ok, it looks like I am a go again this year. It took some pretty smooth talking on her part ;-) :lol2:but my wife convinced me I needed to go :rider: and :eat: and :chug: with you fine folks again. Is she great or what? Everything is subject to change of course but I will get my registration in sometime this week.

Had a blast last year and can't wait to see you all again.

Kenny

TP, can I send you the fee via Paypal and the registration form via email?
Thanks,

I really need to pay more attention when browsing twtex from work!

In the first post you said all paperwork should be in place, does that mean we have to have FMT filled out or do we do this at the border? I'll carry 4 copies of passport, title, DL, etc for border crossing. Also, someone told me we can get insurance at the border, is this viable and cheap or should I just call my insurance provider (was told it maybe cheaper to get at the border, but with my limited (NO) Spanish skills may be an issue)

solorider,

There are several choices for doing the tourist and import paperwork. You can do most of it prior to leaving via:
- mail or
- at the local Mexican consulate.

You can also do it all at the border.

You can buy insurance from one of the Mexican insurance companies, on-line, before you leave (that's what I do and recomend - info is in the ride guide) or you can buy it at the border (takes about 1 hour) from one of the insurance stores just across the border.

Last edited:
Im with you solorider, Ive not a clue as to what Im getting into here! I hope to learn more this weekend on the Junction trip. I do have a passport, and title!!:clap:

I'm sure it's just the unknown, once we do it, we'll be doing it every year!! I'll see you on the Junction ride.

Im with you solorider, Ive not a clue as to what Im getting into here! I hope to learn more this weekend on the Junction trip. I do have a passport, and title!!:clap:

Richard,

Looks like John and I will be making it again this year (registration is on the way). I will be trailering all the way in, so if you know anyone that wants to share the ride to Galena that would be cool. I can also carry some stuff for you if you need.

I would love for me and my bike to go with you. Check your PM for my information.

I will probably be crossing the border on Sunday or Monday the weekend before. Anybody else heading down early?

I had planned to do the Los Ebanos ferry crossing last year but the big storms and flooding in Mexico shut it down. Does anybody know if is running now?

I will probably be crossing the border on Sunday or Monday the weekend before. Anybody else heading down early?

I had planned to do the Los Ebanos ferry crossing last year but the big storms and flooding in Mexico shut it down. Does anybody know if is running now?

We are planning to do the ferry crossing on the 10th. I hope its open.... or it'll be a 40 mile out of the way trip for nothing.

Does anyone know how to find out if the ferry is or isnt running on a daily basis?

I just got off the phone with the US Customs at the Los Ebanos crossing. The ferry runs daily from 8am until about 3pm. I believe there is a Customs office on the MX side to get the Tourist Visa. There is not an Aduana there though so you need to have your Vehicle Import Permit before you get there. Either get it online or stop in Pharr or McAllen on your way. If you don't get it online, you might as well get the Tourist Visa when you get the Import Permit.

Kenny

I forgot to post the number in case you want to speak to them yourself.

956-485-1084

I meant to say I "think" there is a Imigration office on the MX side....The officer I spoke to had never been across the ferry.... :lol2: I'm almost certain though that there is no Aduana (Customs).

Kenny

I forgot to post the number in case you want to speak to them yourself.

956-485-1084

I meant to say I "think" there is a Imigration office on the MX side....The officer I spoke to had never been across the ferry.... :lol2: I'm almost certain though that there is no Aduana (Customs).

Kenny

There is no aduana. You can get the tourist permit though.

I like the idea of going through Los Ebanos instead of Reynosa. Lets you skip the mess in Reynosa, plus its only 24 miles from where we are parking our vehicles...

Jeff and I and possibly another guy are going to be down Sunday I believe. We are trailering this year......

Jeff and I and possibly another guy are going to be down Sunday I believe. We are trailering this year......

Hey Dave!! :wave:

I'm not sure what bike I will be taking this year. If it's the KLR I may end up riding all the way again. If I take the DR350 I will definitely trailer to at least Austin and maybe all the way to the border. Maybe we can hook up early in Galeana. Where are you guys crossing?

Kenny

Back