• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Rundown - a Mexico Adventure Rally, April 9-16, 2016

image_zpswnnp79wy.jpg

image_zpshhc239jv.jpg

image_zpsko4iqzjd.jpg

image_zpsffns5uds.jpg

I broke off from Jalpan on Wed and based on a recommendation from JT headed to the beautiful old silver mining mountain town of Real De Catorce. Awesome 20 KM cobble stone road leading to a 2 KM tunnel through the mountain to find the town at 8,900 ft. Spent Thursday there touring the town and taking a horse ride up to over 10,000 feet.

Friday I headed back t the border. What an amazing trip. I'll post up photos later - but a huge thanks to Rich for organizing this and spurring this along as well as to Bob for providing the knowledge that gave me the confidence to venture out on my own for a few days. This will be the first of many trips. Now - gotta learn Spanish...

Besides one big mixup at the very end, I couldn't have asked for a better trip. Really glad I pulled the trigger at went. Can't believe this place is so close and I never had any idea. :eat::rider::eat:

I'll make a photo gallery at some point for those of you that are in these photos (if we rode together, I probably have a photo of you). I have to save the selects, but I'll be posting the outtakes this week. A teaser for you here!

webjorge_swing.jpg

webscott_locals.jpg

webfog_mountains_x.jpg

webme_puente_de_dios.jpg

webjorge_pool.jpg

webtwt_sign.jpg

webscott_yucca.jpg

webme_waterfall.jpg

webscott_allen.jpg

you folks do realize there is a whole section of TWT dedicated to ride reports and pictures?

Jeff did start a thread there for pictures and reports on day one.

you folks do realize there is a whole section of TWT dedicated to ride reports and pictures?

Jeff did start a thread there for pictures and reports on day one.
I sure do. I'll be writing my own full ride report at some point.

I think so too. The picture of Scott and the kid running will be tough to beat for a best picture in my opinion although I really like the 2 desert scenes too.

Back