• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Granbury West ride...November 18, 2017

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone ...21 of you guys....for coming out to my last ride for the year.
I will get some pictures posted...and wilL write my review in the next day or so...please post your comments here..along with any pictures

Chris

Chris I have to say a massive thank you to you for organizing these rides, today’s was one of the best we have ridden, tremendous fun. Also like to say a big thanks to Kevin for letting all these lunatics park in his field. We have to ride this circuit again next year. Best of luck with the new bike, house warming and other tasks. Hope Steve enjoyed his surprise party.

Happy turkey day and hope we see you all soon.

Gary

Great ride. Thanks to Chris for organizing these. Really spectacular routes - never would have found 90% of these roads on my own.

Had a fun time riding with everyone yesterday. Good to ride with Chris, Gary, Dave, David, Kevin, Steve, Pat, Lauren and so many others. Can’t wait for the next ride. I’ll post a link to my SmugMug account for pictures later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this was my last ride of the year....and my last ride for a variety of other reasons as well. It was also my last ride on the Tiger 800...Although this is one great motorcycle...and it will do anything...due to situations out of my control I am upgrading to the 2017 Tiger Explorer.. which is a 1200. This is because my wife will be comfortable on the back when we ride together. My trophy was damaged in a trailer accident, I sold her motorcycle because she likes riding more than driving...so the 1200 is a good go anywhere motorcycle.
It is also my last promised ride I would put together for the North Texas Group. I promised 12 routes..1 for each month. November was my last one. This is not to say that I will not do more...which I enjoy it too much, so I will get started next year. I have been asked by Robert Lee to do a ride for the Texas Redneck Ramble in May of next year.. It will be a long, all day ride in May. So come and join me.

Now for the ride report... WOW 158 miles... finished by 2pm.. TOTALLY UNHEARD OF.. we finished in record setting time.. we even had a flat and a couple of delays.... The ride went really well, we had 21 riders on 250's up to 1200's... The route was about 30 percent pavement and most of that was just getting to Lipan from Grandbury and back. The roads were mostly gravel, however we did have some dirt mixed in here and there. Some of the gravel was challenging due to the fresh nature of the road. The dust was plentiful but not too bad. West of Lipan showed to be a very interesting area with a lot of potentially good riding areas to explore. I suspect we will have a couple more rides in this area. We officially had 1 water crossing on this route...it was only about 2 feet wide but it was running water!.. However I did note about 6 different water crossing areas, so in the rainy season this could be a cool route due to the possible water. We did have one large mud area to cross...most traversed thru the mud...some went around..
My friend Kevin offered his land to camp on the night before. Which made the ride very enjoyable because some of us didnt have to get up at 4 am to ride to Granbury. He even provide some snacks, beer and nice fire to sit around and shoot the bull with. A very good host.
As the day went on, the temperature started to drop and the wind got stronger...

All in all a very good ride, route and good people.. If you didnt join us, you missed a really good event.

See you all next year!!

Chris

I finally made it out to ride with you guys. It was a fun day on the bike. Well done Chris. Nice bunch of pictures also.

Gary, I will likely be picking your brain in the future on my CRF450X.

I took my camera out at the mud hole and managed to not get the video I intended. The crossing happened much quicker than I thought it would. I mostly recorded the ground walking back and me jumping out the way of bikes. While I was still too far away I did get a few seconds of one rider (I do not know him) crossing the mud in style on one wheel. It was fun.
[ame="http://youtu.be/7CfpVuN9Wp4"]http://youtu.be/7CfpVuN9Wp4[/ame]

Thanks to Chris for one last ride of the year. It has been a blast. Also to Kevin, Gary, Bill and all the rest. Hope to see you all again soon. And yes, the birthday was quite the surprise.

Steve

Chris I enjoyed the ride and meeting more members of the TWTEX club. A big thanks to Kevin for letting us crashing his place and for the hospitality. Even though I wiped out in a not so spectacular fashion. I enjoyed the ride. I am still really sore from the spill but anxious for the next ride. Happy Thanksgiving to all you.

Great day...great ride. Thanks Chris for a great year! I'm updating the TARA email contact list. If anyone wants to be on it...text me your name, email, hometown, cell, and bike types. Will add you. Merry Christmas,

Sorry...forgot to list my cell to previous post. 214-924-9350.
TP:rider:

Back