• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Prayer for Zac Chapman - family needs help

I haven't talked to him since the last TWS race. At that time he still had a lot of facial muscle control problems, but I was able to understand his speech better than before. Actually, every time I see him his speech is better. Doctors put weights in his eyelids to help him blink easier. The info I post between races is from his facebook page.

Zac and Fred made it to MSRH last weekend, I didn't have a chance to visit long but his disposition's great as always.

I saw Zac at TWS today. He is constantly improving. He can do the antigravity treadmill without holding on with his hands. Today, he walked about 120 yards with his walker.

Cool! The kids were asking how he was doing. They want to know if he still has issues with eating and whether he can walk unassisted (even without a walker) yet. They still pray for him to be able to walk and run on his own again.

Scott,
He can stand unassisted, but can't walk without aid of some kind. He can eat or drink anything. He has a very positive attitude and a fantastic work ethic so I'm sure walking is just a matter of time. He remembers leaving home to go to Virginia, but nothing from there until a couple of months after the accident.

This story that a lot of us have followed for the past years, has shown us the unlimited love of a mother and the incredible determination of a young man to rehabilitate after the accident; I am happy to learn of the continuous progress.

Just popped back in to say I was thinking about Zac today. Hope he is doing well. I don't login here very often anymore since I moved to NC, but Zac's story has stuck with me. Been praying for ya Zac!

Howdy Reuben! :wave:

We still pray for him every night. For some reason, he just really struck a chord with the kids and they never forget him.

Hope things are going well for you in NC. I know it must be tough with all those lame roads... :suicide:

Got a text from Fred a few minutes ago. Zac is having "Brain Shunt revision surgery" TODAY @12:30. I'm not really sure what that means but whenever brain and surgery are in the same sentence it has to be serious!! I saw them in a restaurant in Weatherford a few weeks ago and Zac seemed well then.

Got a text from Fred a few minutes ago. Zac is having "Brain Shunt revision surgery" TODAY @12:30. I'm not really sure what that means but whenever brain and surgery are in the same sentence it has to be serious!! I saw them in a restaurant in Weatherford a few weeks ago and Zac seemed well then.

That is right now! Sending love... :zen::sun:

Whoa! I did not realize he was still having any serious issues. Thanks for letting us know. Will definitely be praying right now for a good result for the surgery.

Zac's surgery didn't start till a little after four due to previous surgeries taking longer than expected. Got another text at 6:10 from Fred who said "I just talked to the doctor and he said everything went well. The ventricular catheter wasn't evacuating so he replaced it and since the valve which regulates the flow was five years old and known to fail he replaced it as well. He's in post-op now and we are waiting to go back and see him." Fred encourages those who know and love Zac to Text their words of encouragement to Zac @817-694-0244. I hope he has an unlimited text plan:eek2:

Good to hear everything went well. Thanks for the update!!

Have things taken a turn the wrong direction!?

Scott
I've had one more text from Fred and it indicated Zac is recovering well, although still in the hospital. He said the texts have kept him busy and happy!

Last edited:
Five minutes after my last post I got a fresh update from Fred. Zac moved out of ICU today and Might be released Sunday. It seems Zac really doesn't want to spend Monday in the hospital as that is his 26th birthday. Fred says it would really lift his spirits if you would call or text on his birthday. 817 six nine four oh 2 for for.
Hard to believe this started in 2009.

Last edited:
Plans changed and Zac is still in the hospital on his birthday again. He is to start some therapy tomorrow.

Not a great way to spend a birthday [emoji45] but hopefully the best present is healing well and getting out soon!

Back