• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sport Touring Lite in Big Bend

je2000

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
2 up on the Ninja 650. She was comfy and the bike performed very well. Thinking about buying some land and figuring out what to do with it later...

CAM02258_zpsp1lyntph.jpg

CAM02259_zpspimifath.jpg

Bike%20Grill_zpscmbiaonq.jpg

Chisos%20Mining%20Company%20Cabin%2018b_zps9nbp7y9y.jpg

Santa%20Elena%205_zpsz77loav8.jpg

Santa%20Elena_zpsmlkvbz8h.jpg

Santa%20Elena%2011_zpssj67xwpq.jpg

Milky%20Way_zpsqjwyyxlp.jpg

That's a cabin window on the bottom right.

14570812_10154105542178315_8242243027853855674_o_zpsji4lgiel.jpg

Caught a rain shower and rainbow.

Very nice! Looks like a great trip. BB is my favorite part of the State. Everytime i'm there I think about buying some land. Would make a great TWT meetup spot.

Awesome man! Great pictures! I am starting to plan my trip out there right now! I cant wait to see my motorcycle in pictures like this!

In the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th pics.... where were those hotels and names?

Nice pics!

#2 is DEFINITELY in the basin. I think... THINK that the lodging in the subsequent pics are in Study Butte but I don't mind being wrong. I know that I have seen them before, even had a beer with Calary-Yogi before in front on #19, but I'll be dad'gum if I can't remember if its in Study Butte or Terlingua... No matter, its definitely outside the park.

Love Big Bend and your pics speak volumes. Thanks for reminding me I need to get down there before the end of the year.

Didn't notice your bike still there , I was in cabin 20 from the 16 th to 20 th .

Was in BB weekend before last with Concours Owners group.

One of the best places to ride on the planet.

Attachments

• Big Bend Santa H.jpg
    Big Bend Santa H.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 179
  • Big Bend McDonald.jpg
    Big Bend McDonald.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 181
Thanks for the pictures of one of the most enchanting places in the world!

+1 on disclosing the location of those cabins.

I love BIBE but have pretty much always camped. The wife, on the other hand, needs cabins.

Thanks for the pictures of one of the most enchanting places in the world!

+1 on disclosing the location of those cabins.

I love BIBE but have pretty much always camped. The wife, on the other hand, needs cabins.

The cabins pictured are the Chisos Mining Company just up the Ghost Town Rd. out of Study Butte. Very basic accommodations but OK.

Getting a cabin at the lodge is almost impossible during the high season. I sometimes bunk up in Terlingua @ El Dorado. It was pretty comfy for our dual-sport group from Austin last year.

Back