• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lack of colors fall ride - Arkansas Style

Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
James
Had a great 4 days and 1285 mile journey last weekend. The colors had not changed but the weather was amazing and those Arkansas Twisty roads did not disappoint. What a fun ride.

I have a ride report here: http://www.motoadrenaline.net/2016/11/fall-lack-of-colors-ride.html

I have also included a couple of pictures to set the tone.

IMG_2625-L.jpg

IMG_2538-L.jpg

IMG_2569-X3.jpg

IMG_2577-L.jpg

IMG_2617-X3.jpg

IMG_2645-X3.jpg

IMG_2649-L.jpg

IMG_2662-X3.jpg

Yeah, I noted the same thing about 3 weeks ago - very poor color. I see you found the Mt Ida Cafe, though.

Last Sunday I rode the Talimena Parkway west to east, then down to Broken Bow and back to Sanger. Arkansas roads seem uniquely oriented toward driving pleasure. I did 540 miles in one day, and wanted to do it again the next.

Excellent, some of my faves. How was 16/123 west of Sand Gap ?? They had just spread 3" of gravel from there to Clarksville when I was there with friends....that ruined our day as it was one of the best sections of road anywhere.
Leaves are slow to turn this year, probably great the week after we leave.

Excellent, some of my faves. How was 16/123 west of Sand Gap ?? They had just spread 3" of gravel from there to Clarksville when I was there with friends....that ruined our day as it was one of the best sections of road anywhere.
Leaves are slow to turn this year, probably great the week after we leave.

Yep it is still in bad shape. We avoided it all weekend

Thanks, there are plenty more to ride but that's a major good one, besides that's the way to Oark and pie.
Glad you had a great trip.

Very nice and interesting thanks for sharing .

Got back 7 days ago myself.
Mount Magazine up and over back up the pig trail to Red Star then 16 was awesome stayed at friends ranch house and worked some ate some and rode some. Cheers.... But then Reality sets back in back to hope i can retire i mean go back back to work lol stay tuned.

Back