• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Around the Bend rally - March 23 - 26, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in, taking a week off, 9 days total!!! Camping in my old 1960 bus again near Uncle's if this is still allowed.

Looking for other early arrivals who might want to go to Pinto Canyon hot springs as well as one overnight (possibly camp, possibly hotel) in Mexico to the overlook.

Still going early? I got the whole week off work. :rider:

HEY This is Cowboy I'm a newbee taking my new toy hauler and stayin at the hotels RV park going to give this new XT250 a go!( wow do I need time off work)

...On another note - Triumph Tiger 800 XCX or Suzuki DRZ400?

If anyone is planning a ride on Pinto Canyon Road, I am in...

DRZ400 - no question.

I'm planning on leading a no stress ride.

Also thinking of doing Pinto Canyon (maybe on Sunday).

If you need to ask then Phillip is correct, no question DRZ.

But personally I would prefer the Triumph and ride out there and back instead of hauling. Pinto Canyon is a great road for the Tiger and you'll have more fun going up there and back on FM170. If you are experienced, average riding skills on dirt and proper tires the Tiger will take you on any road in the NP.

_

Hello Everyone - I'm from Austin and planning to head down to this rally. I can ride down there solo, but if others are going from Austin, I'd prefer to ride down and back with someone(s). If anyone is interested in riding from Austin to Terlingua and back, just let me know, thanks!

- David

Hello Everyone - I'm from Austin and planning to head down to this rally. I can ride down there solo, but if others are going from Austin, I'd prefer to ride down and back with someone(s). If anyone is interested in riding from Austin to Terlingua and back, just let me know, thanks!

- David

David-

I have 2 friends riding from Austin. I believe they are leaving Thursday am and returning Sunday pm. I'll confirm.

Brock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Brock - That would be perfect. Thanks for checking on this, appreciate it!

- David

If anyone is interested in riding Marfa to FM-2017 to Chispa Rd to Presidio loop on Monday or Tuesday before the rally, please PM me. I'd really like to ride this remote stretch, but would prefer not to ride it solo.

- David

David:

I plan to ride from west of Austin (spicewood) Thursday morning and back on Sunday. A little company sounds great.

Scott

I'll be driving down from DFW, leaving early Thursday morning from the FT Worth side taking I-20. Though I am thinking of leaving a day early.

We're registered at the infamous & renowned Chisos Mining Hotel and just sent Richard our rally fees.
March 23 can get her soon enough.

Volunteer & Big M

- David

I'm planning on going. But I have to get camping supplies (unless someone has room in their RV or hotel room :trust::mrgreen:) and I have to buy a bag of some type to carry it all. I may just trailer it so I can have time to buy what I really wont. Don't know yet.

- David

I, for one, am honored to have the president of the universe join us for this rally.

Don't forget your towel!

I, for one, am honored to have the president of the universe join us for this rally.

Don't forget your towel!

haha...President of the Galaxy. Please don't ask him for an autograph.

Hi Scott - Sounds great, and will be happy to join you on the road! My email address is david.wilson[at]stanfordalumni[dot]org. Please send me an email, and we can coordinate for the trip.

- David

David:

I plan to ride from west of Austin (spicewood) Thursday morning and back on Sunday. A little company sounds great.

Scott

Hi Scott - Sounds great, and will be happy to join you on the road! My email address is david.wilson[at]stanfordalumni[dot]org. Please send me an email, and we can coordinate for the trip.

- David

Don't forget your towel!

Towel. Check! Tequila. Check!

"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

:flip:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back