• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

BARNWELL MTN IN GILMER TX.

BADTEX

Reaction score
First Name
STEVEN
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU0v5cHkh9A&t=540s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU0v5cHkh9A&t=540s[/ame]

Good news, they will start opening at noon on Thursday in October!

Never been out there, but want to. Watched about half of your video while working and saw you were running DS tires. I may have to come out there to get acquainted with my DRZ off the pavement.

We should try and arrange a weekend TWT get together there now that it’s getting cooler. Like most people I have never ridden there but it looks like a fun place to visit..

Gary

Never been either. I've always wanted to check the place out as well.

It is a fun place to ride. There is a MC work weekend this weekend. The group will be working on the single track for the motorcycles. Trail work on Sat. Group ride on Sunday. I have thought about heading out for the work on Saturday if I can swing it. Plans for me are still pretty lose though. Working the trail is a great way to get to know an area if your not familiar with it.

I'm a member and go there as often as I can. Though I don't have a dual sport. I did lead a guy on some tough single track. He had a 690 with dual sport tires and did pretty well.

Last edited:
Yep great place to ride - were heading out there this coming Friday morning

How do we find out about upcoming work weekends for the single track

Last edited:
OK WHO'S RIDING THIS WEEKEND AND WHAT DAY? I'M THINKING SAT. OR MON. (GOD GETS SUNDAY AT MY HOUSE) LETS GO!

OK.... well if anyone shows up I'll be at the first pavilion to the left.:rider:

No can do this weekend, but thanks for posting up.

It'll pick up now that were approaching the end of summer

Keep posting, I have to work this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

We're going this Sunday 9/9 and will be there when the gates open at 8am. I'm on a KTM 250 XCW in a slate colored Tundra. Say hey!

Last edited:
FYI to everyone....... going out tomorrow 10-6-18 8:00-12:00. Come have some fun!

We (Heather and Richard) will also be out there at 8am on Saturday 10/6. We're in the slate colored Tundra with a few KTM's (her on a shortened FreeRide).

Come by and say hey! We'll be going slow. :-) 1st time out for her on this bike.

[emoji106]
We (Heather and Richard) will also be out there at 8am on Saturday 10/6. We're in the slate colored Tundra with a few KTM's (her on a shortened FreeRide).

Come by and say hey! We'll be going slow. :-) 1st time out for her on this bike.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Saw your Tundra, I think, but ether we were out on the trail or y'all were. And the last time we got back the Tundra was gone. :lol2::doh::trust:

Nice place to ride hills and rocks.... bring a smaller bike and Fasst Flexx bars.

Back