• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anyone Considering a Buell Blast?

Desmo

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Tanner
Anyone considering buying an entry level Buell Blast should look at his web site first. It seems there are a lot of owners who are not satisfied with the quality of their new Buell.

http://www.mybuell.com/

Personally I have nothing against them. In fact, if you look hard enough you could probably find someone slamming any of our bikes. However, the many issues brought up on this site are alarming.

Steve

The recalls of Buell over the years are enough that I quit thinking Buell a while back. The new XBs are kinda cool looking, but their function is just not there. They're hard to set up, quirky handling due to the short over all length and very short swingarm and tight chassis. The motors are now and always have been a bit of a joke for the application. The fit and finish and built quality have NEVER impressed me. Now, you take a company like that and build an ECONOBIKE like the BLAST? NO THANK YOU, LOL!

Buell *** or not?

While it is true that if one looks hard enough anything can fall short of its intended target, the question is how hard is one willing to look? Speaking as a very, and yes read very dissatisfied ex Buell Blast owner, on a Buell that search is extremely easy. By the time I sold that (blank) and no I am not being overly critical, it had 6000 miles, had had two engine over hauls, was leaking oil at the rate of 1 qrt every 500 miles and was in need of the 3 over haul. Enough was enough.

With Buell it is a true case of buyer beware. I should have known this from the get go when I saw the bike rusting on the show room floor and this was a new bike, I dread to think what condition used ones are in. The dealer was no better. Their whole explanation to this was "it an entry level bike what do you expect." :roll: WTH??? Have they taken a good look at the entry bikes from the rest of the world lately?

This is just a brief description of what was wrong with the bike, I have not even mentioned the brakes or lack of them. Blah no wonder their company lives off of add slogans and misplaced loyalty b/c they sure do not have the quality to stay in business. :wink:

It really is a shame, too. When I couldn't stand it any more, and just had to get another bike, after a short hiatus, I was on a tight budget. I looked at the blast, but, after some research, went with the Bandit 600.....never looked back. I liked the way the blast looked, it felt comfy (on the floor, never actually rode one) but just didn't want the hassle. I knew that an air cooled inline 4, of limited displacement, is just about as close to bullet proof as you can get. I'm glad I passed on the Buell.
TR
Brady TX

Back