• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Prayers for Chicago Trip

Nice. Any trouble en route?

None. It was a serious grind though.

Western Arkansas was beautiful. I'll be riding there on my next trip. I saqw one cop until I got close to Little Rock. You can hammer down out there, no problem.

Avoid I-40 from Little Rock to Memphis. Nothing but semis, cops, and construction. :eek2:

Downtown Memphis is pretty cool, with the river, and streetcars and such.

Southern Illinois was really nice. Hills, trees, rocks, and no cops. You can hammer down and make some time. The only time I saw cops was when I stopped at a Culvers for lunch.

Chicago proper likes the freaking toll roads. The first one, 355, was $3.80 for the first toll.

I drive to central Indiana at least once a year. I go through Springfield, MO specifically to avoid that stretch of I40. The last time I took it was two years ago, and I ended up in 12 miles back up coming west. I eventually jumped the median ditch in my VW and took some beautiful state highways through some rice growing country, adding 3 hours to my trip. Lord only knows how long it would have taken to get through that mess.

Just walked back in. Thanks for the prayers all!

Did the I-55 to St Louis>I-44 Springfield>Joplin>into OK, then Route 69 south all the way home.

Edit: Pictures will be forthcoming.

Try Corky's BBQ in Memphis.

Prayers for a safe return.

Oops just saw your back. Yeah post some pics.

Welcome home. Go get you some real BBQ to wash the taste of that KC stuff out of your mouth. :D

You mean St. Louis? :eat:

I wanted to hit KC, but I really just wanted to be back home after a certain point in riding.

St Louis? What do Yankees know about BBQ?

"To foreigners, a Yankee is an American.
To Americans, a Yankee is a Northerner.
To Northerners, a Yankee is an Easterner.
To Easterners, a Yankee is a New Englander.
To New Englanders, a Yankee is a Vermonter.
And in Vermont, a Yankee is somebody who eats pie for breakfast."
-E.B. White

Back