• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

3rd Annual Around the Bend

Mostly the weather is pleasantly cool (low 40s) in the mornings and warm by the afternoon (60s). Every so often a "northern" will blow through and things will be considerably colder. Best bet is to check the 3 day forecast 1 hour before you leave and pack accordingly.

Could someone rank the following for degree of difficulty? I'll be bringing a street legal XR400R and don't have a lot of experience in sand.....:giveup:
River Road E
River Road W
Glenn Springs
Old Maverick
Old Ore Rd
Big Bend Ranch State Park 4wd roads

Last year I was on a KLR and had a lot of trouble on River Road W due to sand.:eek2: This year I'll be on a lighter bike and have a little more experience....

Thanks!

River Road E - class 1
River Road W - class 2
Glenn Springs - class 2
Old Maverick - class 1
Old Ore Rd - class 2
Big Bend Ranch State Park 4wd roads - class 3

Could someone rank the following for degree of difficulty?
Thanks!

731484832_vsJJp-M.jpg

I'm a noob, stumbled into the site and my son and I have been talking about a Big Bend trip for a while. I didn't see it on the site; but, I'm wondering what can be expected for temperatures for this late Feb ride

Thanks,
Chuck

Generally cool in the morning (high 30s / low 40s), pleasant during the day (high 50s / low 60s) with lots of sun.

Every so often a cold front blows through and screws up things so check the 3 day forecast an hour or so before you start the drive out there.

Thanks for hosting this Richard! I had a great time last year! I mailed in Ken Brunson's and my registration today! We also ordered a couple of "Around the Bend" T-shirts. Look forward to riding with you again this year!!
Steve O'Neal
San Antonio, Tx
1988 Honda NX650

Not this year, or next, but the following one I will pencil in on my calendar!

I am planning on making the trip this year (hopefully on a new Tiger :pray: ).

so, how many people here do the "street only" ride? i'm hoping to be in the dual-sport scene sometime soon, but for now, street.

Mike: I was part of the "street only" ride last year and had a blast. We had a group of 6 that went out on Friday. I split off and toured the park by myself on Saturday.

I've cleared it with the wife, now I just need to clear it with my boss and then I'm in. Will let you know. - thanks :phead:

Back