• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Newbie form The Woodlands

Reaction score
Hello to everyone. My name is Ron, I am 48, married with 3 kids with another on the way - yes, I am now researching permanent birth control methods :eek: !. I ride a 2000 Aprilia RSV1000 - a handful for my short frame (5'-5" and 130lbs) - but I manage. I mostly enjoy sport-touring. My days of aggressive riding are long gone, after developing a understanding of the word "pain" and continuing to be intimately involved with the word "kids" - all 3 girls!I try to ride just about every weekend for a few hours or a tankful, whatever comes first. Looking forward to some group rides ... I don't mind being left behind if the pace heats up - not my thing anymore (being that, done that, broke that, scrapped that, paid $$$ for that... :shock: ).

welcome... i too am new as of yesterday... I live in Cypress and look forward to meeting as many others who love riding... hope to ride with ya sometime.....

Howdy Ron,

:tab Welcome aboard! We are doing at Bike Night at King's Cafe this Thursday. It is from 7-9pm. The chance of rain is 100% :-( I'll just run down in the cage. It's still fun to see everyone and B.S. for a couple of hours.

Adios,

I am a couple of years behind you in age, only have two girls, but learned long ago it is better to be a safe than foolish. There was something about alcohol, racing on the Bypass around B/CS. Snapping a chain....

I think we can ride together.
Welcome to the group. I have only met a couple of people on this forum in person, but it is a start. Everyone seems real nice.

See you soon, you can go west, I will go north and meet on some of the good roads.

I'm new to the board as well, since November. Havn't done any rides yet but I've met many at bike night's and through the loss of a board member. Don't think you could find a better group of people to ride with than TWT. Yes I have ridden with other groups, they were not like the folks I've met a TWT.

I live off 1488 between 2978 and 149, maybe we can hookup one day(whoever is close to area) as I have slowed down somewhat(I just turned 47) with the occasional heat up(still have some need,its just for me personally, not to entertain others).

Looking forward to the weather warming as spring comes upon us. I'll regret that statement when July and August hit.

All that talk,forgot to say welcome. Soooo welcome.

Welcome Ron,

I too am from the been fast, felt the ground, time to slow down(except at the track) club. I live in Cypress. Hope to hook up with you someday. :chug:

Hey yo! Welcome! Looking forward to see you at the now infamous "Bike Nights" at King's Cafe. Did you say RSV??? as in Aprilia?? :-D

Back