• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lodging recommendations

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Lyle
For spring break, my best friend, his wife and myself and wife are going to ride the three sisters area. We have never done it and are only going to be in that area March 16-18th.
I'm looking for lodging....not camping recommendations, 2 bedroom cabins, or nice hotel.
I would prefer to stay in the same Hotel both nights, and be located where We can easily ride the 3 sisters.

Might seem odd, but Junction, TX. Run down 377 to 55 into Barksdale. Back up 335, over 41, down 336, and back over 337. Lots of hotels and food in Junction.

That's all I've got. I'm sure others can chime in the places in Leakey and Camp Wood.

If you stay in Kerrville, you have several options for lodging. Plus you have the pleasure of running hwy 16 through the canyons to Medina. You can pick up 337 at Medina. There are several nice exotic game ranches to glimpse along the way.

In Bandera, Diamond H B&B. I haven't stayed there but the owner is a really nice man and the property is kept up really well.

On 337 heading toward Vanderpool, is "Peace of Heaven" cabins. Someone on TWT stayed there not too long ago and reported favorably. Further out, between Vpool and Lost Maples is Firefox cabins. Have heard decent things about them too.

There are a couple of places around Utopia.

A cool old motor court motel was being renovated in Leakey, don't know how for along they've gotten with the project. It is open for guests and I think it'd be a fun place to stay.

Hunt is full of places to stay from condos to cabins.

In short, there are little family run places tucked away here and there. You could go with no reservations and just see what you find.

Good luck and enjoy!

Our favorite place to stay when in the area.

River Inn Resort

[EDIT] Scratch that, full up that weekend....

Last edited:
You might look into the Medina Highpoint Resort. Used to be the Koyote Ranch. Just north of Medina on Hwy 16.

They have cabins, bunkhouses, rv parking, and a ranchhouse. I've stayed there a couple of times. Both times in the Ranch House. Once in the Apache Suite, and once in the Cherokee Suite. I can recommend both very highly. Prefer the Apache Suite which is the nicer of the two.

Close to Medina and Kerrville with great access to the Three Sisters.

I also vote with woodbutcher for Junction.

Signatures? We don't need no stinking signatures!

We've had enjoyable stays at both Inn of the Hills in Kerrville and Meyer Bed and Breakfast in Comfort. If you plan on enjoying an adult beverage or two, Inn of the Hills is a bit of a hike from Mamacitas and their popular margaritas. Meyer Bed and Breakfast is close walking distance to restaurants and tasting rooms in Comfort. You'll need to book Meyer as early as possible.

I like The Historic Leakey Inn http://www.leakeyinn.com/
It's right in the middle of the 3-Sisters, 1/4 mile from the Frio Canyon Motorcycle Stop (best selection for 3-Sister T-Shirts and coldest beverages). There's a couple of good places to eat, and the folks that run the Inn are 1st. class.

Enjoy your ride... Bud

Wow!! Thanks for all of the info, and we will go over all of these options and try to decide! Thanks again!

well, We have decided on the Inn of the Hills in Kerrville, only because we will only be in that area for one night, so Its the closest to where we want to be!
Thanks Yall for the input!

Back