• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

East Tx 500 history?

I thought that the Rusk KOA had closed. That was a popular overnight spot when riding the ET500. But just minutes ago I received the below holiday special email so I guess they're back in business again. Just rode past there the weekend before last but didn't even pay attention when passing by.

Rusk KOA
745 FM 343 East
Rusk, TX 75785
Reservations: (800) 562-4143
Information: (903) 683-6641
Holiday Fever Special
Bring your own RV and get away from the Rush at Rusk Texas KOA.
Book your site by phone for two nights between Dec. 1, 2016 and Feb.
28, 2017 and receive a * third night free.
*If you cannot be here for the three nights, save your free night for up
to 60 days from original date of stay.
No other discounts apply.
Please check our web site for other specials.

_

Other than KOA is there any other camping available along the East TX 500. Tent camping to be specific.

Other than KOA is there any other camping available along the East TX 500. Tent camping to be specific.

Yes, there is a lot of camping along the route. Traditionally the rides spend the night at Bean's Campground on Toledo bend. The route goes past Lake Livingston and Mission Tejas state parks. Martin Dies is near by, but a friend works law enforcement there and I'm not sure how safe it is. You could also look into camping at any of the national forests along the route.

On Toledo Bend lake, Bean's Campground has been used in the past. It's about a mile east of Holly Park Marina. I don't know if they are still doing business though.

opps Meriden is faster than me!

Last edited:
Do you have the maps/gps routes that include the roads around Silsbee? I would love to ride them. We have a dear lease just north of there in Fred..

Sorry, I must have missed this. Here is a .gpx file Rob (Rydah) put together. It breaks down the ride we did back in October into 3 sections and makes a loop. It was a fun ride and was dry except for that one mud hole. The sand was deep and loose that day. Really had to stay on the gas and shift weight to the rear wheel to stay in control.

Attachments

• 2016 SETX 200.gpx
    348.3 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
Back