• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Fellow rider near my work

erd

Reaction score
It happened right on the street in front of my work place. A motorcycle collided with a car that failed to yield to right-of-way. The rider was thrown over the hood of the car and tumbled down the road. The rider was wearing a helmet, riding gloves, jacket, and an armor vest but was still injured severely and was put on a backboard as a precaution. He suffered a broken right wrist/hand, broken or bruised right leg and possible neck and back injuries.

We were less than 1/3 mile from the nearest fire station and a police Sargent who happened upon the scene in a regular vehicle was the first responder. The rider was in shock after the accident and was incoherent. He was able to communicate with the paramedics after they attended to him.

By the grace to God he was alive. I pray for the man after he was transported away by ambulance and before bed tonight. I pray that he makes a full recovery and will be able to ride again.

Another rider gone down again today at the exactly same spot. We need to be careful riding out there.

Another rider gone down again today at the exactly same spot. We need to be careful riding out there.

Please identify the spot so riders in the area may be aware.

Irving blvd @ Story Road in irving. Pretty much the entire irving Blvd as cars comes out of the side streets and driveways without looking for motorcyclists. It might have something to do with the population in the area.

Back