• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Austin to Alaska ... July 2014

Brian,

What is your next LD feat? Perhaps a Coast to Coast to Coast? Or maybe the monster IB 12K in two weeks? With an auxiliary fuel tank, the Vee should be up to it.

RB

Brian,

What is your next LD feat? Perhaps a Coast to Coast to Coast? Or maybe the monster IB 12K in two weeks? With an auxiliary fuel tank, the Vee should be up to it.

RB

Gee, RB. let the boy sleep in his own bed for a night and have the chance to wash his socks and deep six those boots before sending him off again, will ya? ;-)

MANY THANKS FOR THE PICS N NARRATIVE!

it's only thru eyes & lens, like yours, that most of us will ever get to PRUDOE BAY :clap:

WEE's ROCK :thumb:

sw

Brian,

RB

Well,
Since you asked... :trust:

Actually, the first feat is to get the Wee back into shape. She's torn down right now... just taking a break from working on her in the heat.

Looking for a new front fender if anybody has a spare. - Took a big ole rock and cracked off part of it.

As far as riding feats... I want to get in a coast to coast and B2B Insanity at some point this year.

I think my "big" trip for next year is going to involve a lot more ... playing in the dirt.

As far as riding feats... I want to get in a coast to coast and B2B Insanity at some point this year.

Your Alaska ride was close if not right up there with placing in the big Iron Butt Rally. You did around 10,000 miles in two weeks. The riding conditions to PB was perhaps even more challenging than riding around the main part of the USA due to the weather and terrain. Of course, you have to qualify and get accepted via some type of lottery drawing I think for the IB Rally.

Regarding endorsements, perhaps Twisted Throttle or some other motorcycle vendor could supply part of the bike's accessories etc. If you link your ride to some type of cause like a cancer foundation etc. it could add further credibility to your endurance rides.

RB

Not to take away from your trip butt . Fred he knew where he was going. During the Iron Butt Rally you know where the checkpoints are butt do not know we're you need to go until the r ally leg packages are released.

Not to take away from your trip butt . Fred he knew where he was going. During the Iron Butt Rally you know where the checkpoints are butt do not know we're you need to go until the r ally leg packages are released.

I completely agree... with some minimal planning and enough stubbornness you can point almost any motorcycle down an interstate and get 1000 miles in a day...

It would be a totally different animal to be able to prep/plan/ride on an instant while picking up random bonus locations (some with time/hours of operation limits) while maintaining that same pace, getting gas, eating, checking in, sleeping etc.
Not for the faint of heart at all and you can't just "bull-head" your way through that.

I would actually have to get "good" at this before I could try something like that. I'd like to try a 1 or 2 day rally in the near future.

Again, there are people on TWT with 3 digit IBA #'s... there's a reason that they are still giving out 3 digit IBA #'s to people that finish the IBR... they haven't had to add another digit yet.

On a side note, I would love to bend somebody's ear that's been there and done it... :trust:

Well,
I've been working on writing a ride report.
A few weeks of catching up with work, some time spent working on the bike, and a hearty amount of procrastination later...

I came up with this.
My first attempt at any video editing, so bare with me :giveup:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUaTlQPQY1I"][/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUaTlQPQY1I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUaTlQPQY1I[/ame]

Last edited:
Back