• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Backyard Bistro / Pipe Creek, 09/14/2014 Reports

Re: Bike Breakfast 9AM SUNDAY, September 14, 2014 - Backyard Bistro in Pipe Creek

Great turn out and what a variety of MC
615dc439a4102fc60b158cfd56bbb400.jpg
55aecb16984ec4c10e5818b03fa56621.jpg

ATGATT. Lee
" I never worry about getting lost.
I just change where I plan on going."
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Bike Breakfast 9AM SUNDAY, September 14, 2014 - Backyard Bistro in Pipe Creek

Enjoyed meeting some (new-to-me) TWTers.

Good food and yeah, great variety of bikes.

Hope we can do more Sunday rides on a quasi regular basis; that was fun.

:rider:

Sorry I was late and only made a "cameo" appearance. I felt the need to chew some wind and catch some breeze with the knees. Good seeing ya'll!

Great to see everyone!

It was a great variety of bikes. Even one that was missing from the circus.

I can't believe we hung out after breakfast in the parking lot until noon. Great conversation!

Until the next one...

DSC04172_zpsf6556ad3.jpg

DSC04173_zpsfad99f92.jpg

Lori and I enjoyed meeting a handful of you guys... Gina (I had already meet), Ed, Vance, and Steve. If we had been able to stick around longer, we could have met more, but it sure was a fun outing for our first 2-up TWT trek. Great breakfast choice too.

It was a great variety of bikes. Even one that was missing from the circus.

I can't believe we hung out after breakfast in the parking lot until noon. Great conversation!

Darn it, we missed the outdoor conversation. At least I saw Ed's beautiful purple FJR that Lori was drooling over.

Enlighten me.. Which bike was missing from the circus?

And did I hear that the green KLR with a Peru sticker belongs to "Teague?" My last bike was a KLR (2008) and I'd love to hear stories about travel through Central America since I used to live in Nicaragua and Costa Rica.

sanderjavant, thank you for putting this together.

Sander, you are always "Aces" in my book no matter what The Mossrider says about you! Great place, food and fellow riders, as well as a wonderful time. Thank you getting us together. :clap: V>>>

Hey Mossrider, next time please Do Not lick your plate clean! In the interest of human decency, there were women & children present, most certainly do not mimic your dogs or pot-belly pigs at the table! :rofl: V>>>

I do need to post one concern about yesterday in Pipe Creek, for the first time I was in the Distinct Minority! My humbled KLR was unusually outnumbered by those "flashy Vee-Stroms. What-the-heck is this carn sarnit world a coming to?

Well I can't really complain cause their riders are really nice and the bikes are truly sweet. I'll get used to the role reversal I guess in due time. :eek2: V>>>

OK, this is my definitive Final Word about our outing at Pipe Creek... here is an image that truly reflects Steve's dining etiquette at a fine dining table. And I must add who says that a Pot Bellied Pig cannot be Man's-Best-Friend!

For those of you that missed-out going into the antique shop out front, Steve had a truly heart-felt moment with his new best friend Wilbur the PB Pig. :clap: V>>>
1463917_f520.jpg

Vance
I am not surprised that it has taken you 4 posts to sum up yesterday's outing.

And i only just met you yesterday (snicker snicker) :-P

OK Ms. Senorita,

That will be enough from the peanut gallery. Besides I never understand why everybody takes The Pig's side??? :giveup: V>>>

I don't know when the next one is , but I just got a call from Barnum & Baileys traveling circus , seems someone in a green clown outfit STOLE one of their goofy looking green & yellow KLR-650'S , the one the bears ride. The local police have put out a BOLO ( be on the lookout ) for this hidious clown bike. I hope they find it.(I think) signed - snort.....grunt.....Wilbur The Pig :rider:

i don't know when the next one is either.

but i hope it will be on a sunday.

i've been wanting to do some little roads in the Pipe Creek area (paved, kinda). Roads that i find while working and think would be fun to ride.

So if ya'll wanna do a PC deuce...I'm up for it.

In all seriousness Boys&Girls, Sander seems "tied-up" (Don't Ask/Don't Tell) until mid Oct, so if anyone wants to ride between anywhere NW of SA/pipe creek/medina lake/boerne/k-ville area, I know a few roads, which are suitable for most bikes with a few bumps.

Just name the Sunday/Time and I'm there.

V>>>

i don't know when the next one is either.

but i hope it will be on a sunday.

i've been wanting to do some little roads in the Pipe Creek area (paved, kinda). Roads that i find while working and think would be fun to ride.

So if ya'll wanna do a PC deuce...I'm up for it.

Dunno what a "PC deuce" is.. ignorant.

But if you and/or Vancealot and/or anyone else are looking to ride on any given Sunday, and looking to do back roads, I would likely be interested in seeing if the roads you know are ones that I don't.

My main problem is that I don't know if I will be able to go riding until it is time to go riding. So, I wouldn't be any good at taking the lead on setting something up.

Spirit at Bay, how did you know the name of our band ? :jammin: (The Displacements) Im the drummer :drums: Vancealot is the lead singer, :eek2: he sings SOLO :dude: so low nobody can hear him. :thumb:

I'll volunteer as the Lead Buckaroo Bonsai, so pipe creek is good meet up point, a bit unsure about this sunday but could happen. V>>>

Spirit at Bay, how did you know the name of our band ? :jammin: (The Displacements) Im the drummer :drums: Vancealot is the lead singer, :eek2: he sings SOLO :dude: so low nobody can hear him. :thumb:

i overheard some smart-alecky (and therefore perfectly normal-for-this-crowd) comment Vancealot made. i did not know yall played.

covers or original stuff?

PS, in all likelihood, sunday riding is out for me this sunday

We don't play No Stinking Covers "Dudette", we just groove on the down low side from The Barrio Baby!!! V>>>:bigokay::bigokay::bigokay:

Back