• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Brother of TWTer in hospital

Prayers sent for your best friend/brother, for you and for your families.

Hey guys -

A bunch of us moto riders in Austin went down and visited Chris last weekend. It was very good to see everybody there and I think the Giles family appreciated the show of support. They (Robert and his Mom and Dad) are on the clock 24-7-365 and I think it gets pretty darned lonely for them... darned lonely.

Chris is still in very tough shape but seems to be making baby steps. He's fighting every day for the ability to do the most simple things. That said, his insurance situation is changing and things could get very rough (worse) for the family.

I am NOT in the habit of soliciting donations, especially in this economy. But these guys are my friends and it kills me to see them in this situation. If you have a chance and have the means, please consider dropping by http://www.chrisgiles.org/blog/donate/ and leaving a buck or two. I sincerely hope I'm not violating any forum rules by posting this site.

If you aren't inclined to donate I know the Giles family appreciates the prayers and would love a visit.

Justin Smith

Thanks for the donation link.

Keep updates coming please. we'll keep prayers going.

you stated "he's my brother and my best friend" I know the feeling. Best wishes to you both.

Keep updates coming please. we'll keep prayers going.

you stated "he's my brother and my best friend" I know the feeling. Best wishes to you both.

Hap -

Chris's brother Robert will post updates on the site I linked to above if you'd like to follow from there. I think it was wearing Robert out trying to post updates in multiple places so he's consolidated to www.chrisgiles.org

Justin

Edit: I admit that I have succumbed to Harley stereotyping from time to time, not as much as others maybe, but I have. Never again...
http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?t=938996

Last edited:
I also added the donation link to the first post of this thread.

Somehow or another, I'm just now noticing this thread. Donation and prayer sent. I can't imagine something like this happening to my brother. I prayed and believed for a 100-percent recovery. I also pray not only for Chris, but for Robert and the rest of Chris' family. May the peace of the Lord be with you all.

Forgot to update this thread with the sad news; my brother passed away unexpectedly on May 14th, 2016, at my folks' home in northern Alabama.

It was unexpected, because other than the obvious brain injury, he was in super shape.

http://www.chrisgiles.org/

I added this remark on XLForum, and it's worth saying again here:

Exercise caution when you even think that cager in the oncoming turn lane is going to disregard right-of-way and turn in front of you (I slow down now every time in anticipation, because they just don't bloody care).

I tried to find this thread the day I heard but was on the road and couldn't dig it up. :(

Long, sad story. Chris was a great guy, as is his brother.

Justin

Very sorry. Will be praying for you and your family.

I feel you....lost my only brother a couple of years ago unexpectedly.
I wish you healing and happy memories...:sun:

Back