• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2016 MexTrek Galeana #5, Oct 19th - 23rd 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll fix it. Or a Mexican fellow will fix it for you. Lots of gringos heading your way, they can bring spares too.

The Tricepilot KTM never seems to have any issues :rider:
(Hope I didn't jenks you there)

good news on da pesos to dollar, yesterdays credit card fees came in at 19 pesos to 1 dollar, it was 18.5 last week, but ive found that cc transactions r usually da best deal in conversion so if presented with a cc option take it but still carry ur cash on hand

I personally don't recommend viewing bribes as standard viable tools, mainly because it reinforces the bribe culture and fuels the expection of gringos following in the future. Better to know the rules and follow them.

But when you don't follow and get caught the on the spot, instant resolution, secret peso handshake is usually the smartest and cheapest option. For example a speeding ticket. Yes everyone speeds at some point just not always caught. If you say you 100% follow speed limits I don't believe.

_

This weather forecast better trend up or I'll have to go gear shopping. Darnit.

Too bad mother nature isn't taking morditas too.

My riding partner had to cancel so it looks like I'm going solo. Will be leaving out of San Antonio early Tuesday and crossing in Laredo. If anybody wants to ride with me, send a PM. Looks like I will be on my XR.

Hi David and Nick, SAB, TGTumbleweed, IvanFJR and I will be there Monday night. We are in Cadereyta tonight.

This weather forecast better trend up or I'll have to go gear shopping. Darnit.

Too bad mother nature isn't taking morditas too.

Yeah, it looks like we will be riding in thunderstorms on Thursday and more rain on Friday! Sucks! 30% on Saturday too...

Has anyone experienced a speed dependent bouncing and vibrating with the front tire after installing a Tubliss system? My DRZ is doing it, and all the pressures look good and visually all looks well. Feels very sketchy at speed...

The front tire has 4oz of Ride On in it, but according to their website it says to use 8oz to balance a tire. Think this could cause the issue? The tires are brand new DOT Shinkos..

Tubliss has a heavish rim lock I believe. Doubt if only 4 oz of Ride-On would balance the wheel consistantly. Add another 4 oz first chance you get.

I balance my naked wheel once with spoke weights and then use the Ride-On to balance the tire and adjust for changes i.e. rim dings, thorns, etc.

_

Tubliss has a heavish rim lock I believe. Doubt if only 4 oz of Ride-On would balance the wheel consistantly. Add another 4 oz first chance you get.

I balance my naked wheel once with spoke weights and then use the Ride-On to balance the tire and adjust for changes i.e. rim dings, thorns, etc.

_

I will pull the wheel off and get it balanced today, then add some more Ride On. Hopefully that fixes it! I couldn't imagine ridding in the rain with the front end the way it is now.

Who do you get to balance yours? I'm not certain my little local tire shop will have spoke weights..

ATT international package worked there for me last year.

ATT international package worked there for me last year.

Yeah I contacted ATT and they said it'll be $1 per minute per call, and $.50 per text. Still cheaper than the $70 Cricket phone/plan I was considering..

I will pull the wheel off and get it balanced today, then add some more Ride On. Hopefully that fixes it! I couldn't imagine ridding in the rain with the front end the way it is now.

Who do you get to balance yours? I'm not certain my little local tire shop will have spoke weights..

Hard to balance with Ride-On already installed but worth a shot.

I only compensate balanced my rims. Installed rim locks so added weights equal to rim locks directly opposite. Full dose of Ride-On takes care of the fine tuning.

_

Hard to balance with Ride-On already installed but worth a shot.

I only compensate balanced my rims. Installed rim locks so added weights equal to rim locks directly opposite. Full dose of Ride-On takes care of the fine tuning.

_

What do you consider a full dose of Ride On? Also, how much weight did you used with your Tubliss system?

Looks like I'm not gonna make it. My brand new 1200gsa with 2k miles is having problems. Its been having this problem since I purchased it and today after getting it back a week ago started again. I know I'll never get it back by tuesday evening and I dont think they'll let me take a loaner bike to mexico :D

This really pisses me off. THX BMW

Yeah I contacted ATT and they said it'll be $1 per minute per call, and $.50 per text. Still cheaper than the $70 Cricket phone/plan I was considering..

Log into your AT&T account online. While on the myATT tab, hover over "wireless", then click "view international options". Click "travel outside US" then "Mexico only". You will then see an option for unlimited talk and text and 1GB of data at no charge. Additional data is $20 a GB. As long as that radio button is blue you're good. You can verify under "view my plan and features". It will say "At&T Mexico Roaming Bonus" under your device.

I know that's probably clear as mud, but it would be a lot of screen shots to try and illustrate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back