• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Big D area only tag game

I didn't try very hard to hide this one. :mrgreen:

IMAG0752_zps7fea952f.jpg

Howdy y'all - I'm back. I've had a really bad couple of months, the Ural has been stationary in the garage due to technical issues (that I finally got sorted out), have become unemployed, the list is endless. I had forgotten that I started this, so I'll grab this tag tomorrow and then post up a new one.

TTYL

20130614_135617_zps284294d9.jpg

I know, it's the wrong side of the sign. OK, here is the new one. I don't know how fair this is as it is fairly nondescript and if you don't know it's there, you probably won't have a clue. So, with that said, I'm posting it up with a few hints to get everyone going (assuming anyone is still playing).

20130614_140507_zpsfba7a3ca.jpg

I know you can't see the plaque, but if you could, you would know where and what it is. I have a close up of the plaque if nobody figures it out. Here's your hints - it's in Allen and is close to Cabella's. It's a historical marker and that's all I'm going to offer up for now.

Looks like it is very close to where a train robbery happened

20130614_135617_zps284294d9.jpg

I know, it's the wrong side of the sign. OK, here is the new one. I don't know how fair this is as it is fairly nondescript and if you don't know it's there, you probably won't have a clue. So, with that said, I'm posting it up with a few hints to get everyone going (assuming anyone is still playing).

20130614_140507_zpsfba7a3ca.jpg

I know you can't see the plaque, but if you could, you would know where and what it is. I have a close up of the plaque if nobody figures it out. Here's your hints - it's in Allen and is close to Cabella's. It's a historical marker and that's all I'm going to offer up for now.

Train related, but I do not know if a robbery ever happened there - I didn't get that far into its history ;-)

Anyone want a clue or is this thread pretty much dead? Hate to see people driving all the way to Ft Worth and Arlington for tags when we have plenty of stuff here......

Let's see the close up. I've been googling (since Allen is a good ways away) and can't find it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OLAZI_dYfQ"]Collin County Old Stone Dam, Allen Texas - YouTube[/ame]

Should be by the entrance to this one:-)

Let's see the close up. I've been googling (since Allen is a good ways away) and can't find it.

Dam! I've been looking for the Station!

It's actually on the north side of the road, behind a fecking warehouse. You can even check in there on Foursquare:
http://4sq.com/9c6iaW
[ame="https://maps.google.com/maps?q=allen+texas+stone+dam&hl=en&ll=33.116909,-96.664328&spn=0.000544,0.001155&sll=32.820665,-96.731542&sspn=0.626656,1.352692&t=h&z=20"]allen texas stone dam - Google Maps[/ame]
I was there earlier, but my phone is crap and would not take a picture. :doh:

I actually took a tag picture there at least a month ago, but I never posted it as I wasn't sure when I'd be able to move it. Maybe I'll try and get it going this week.

Back