• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Reduction in Toll Rates for Motorcycles

Just saw this. I agree with the points you made. But to El Fenix's point, that ain't happening. If anything they'd just raise car rates, and Truck rates, and leave motorcycle at the existing rate.

Yeah. That's called lowering the rate for motorcycles. Look. Your rate is lower. :trust:

I'd like to pay less on my bike. I'd still pay the same in my cage. It's not like I'm trying to totally skirt a fee.

They're not making the income they projected on Texas 45/130 so reduced tolls for motorcycles isn't going to happen. In fact, there have been a couple studies to explore switching IH 35 to the current TX 130 and moving the toll road to the current IH 35 to increase revenue. The state gave the consortium a minimum profit contract so they are on the hook for the cost even though technically, the state doesn't own the road and didn't build it. I think the only hold up for the switch is the state would have to buy IH 35 from the federal government to make it a toll road.

Back