• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TARA: Texas Adventure Ride, April 20-23, 2017, Junction, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone going from georgetown or close by on thursday afternoon/evening that has room for me and a drz?

Is there anyone going up from Houston early Thursday morning? My intentions are to leave early Thursday morning for camping Thursday night Friday and Saturday. I would like to share camp site to cut down on expenses. If you are interested in riding up early Thursday morning and interested in riding together you​ can p.m. me and we can find a time and a meeting place.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Anthony and Fred. Mebbe y'all should share a site and JT and I will get a separate one.

We stayed at South Llano several years ago. It's also a game management area where folks come to hunt. We discovered that during the times when hunters aren't there, the park has way too many staff folks running around looking for something to do. First state park that I ever actually felt harassed in. Made for an unpleasant stay for us. TPWD heard about it after that. Maybe it's different now. Then, if the rules said two tents and one termite per site - they'd have folks coming by night and day to see that everyone complied. FWIW...

I will be leaving out of Denton Thursday morning no set time
Going through Ftw. Out 377
I have room on my trailer
If someone wants a ride

I'm heading out Thursday after 4:00p - maybe earlier - from Pflugerville. I have room in the truck. You can reach me at 512-784-1037 if still looking for a ride, and if so to work out details. I'm staying at econo lodge if you want to split cost of a room. Paul

We stayed at South Llano several years ago. It's also a game management area where folks come to hunt. We discovered that during the times when hunters aren't there, the park has way too many staff folks running around looking for something to do. First state park that I ever actually felt harassed in. Made for an unpleasant stay for us. TPWD heard about it after that. Maybe it's different now. Then, if the rules said two tents and one termite per site - they'd have folks coming by night and day to see that everyone complied. FWIW...

Greg, the campground we are talking about is a private enterprise; not a SP. Thanks for info tho!

I plan on Riding Day1 course tomorrow.Trail Boss
wont be here till Fri night.Anyone interested leave BE
at 8:30.

I'm setting up in spot 17, with shade and room for one other single tent camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am thinking of riding with you guys on Saturday, can't stay just a day ride then back to J.C.

What bike would be best for this ride, Africa Twin or Husky. Guessing mostly hill country gravel roads and pavement mix, maybe the twin?

I plan on Riding Day1 course tomorrow.Trail Boss
wont be here till Fri night.Anyone interested leave BE
at 8:30.

Jack, I spoke to Rich today. He plans to ride the day 1 track Saturday. Thats what SpiritAtBay and I plan as well. SABhas to work Friday, so I am going to do the day 2 track Friday.

Dinner at Isaack's restaurant tonight at 6pm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Riders meeting tomorrow morning 8am in the parking lot of the Best Western.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great video. Where did you have your camera mounted?

My wife and I did that long crossing at the end of the video in the opposite direction on my S10. As we were coming towards the end a big snake swam right across our path. Gave me a LOT of incentive not to dump it!

Great video. Where did you have your camera mounted?

My wife and I did that long crossing at the end of the video in the opposite direction on my S10. As we were coming towards the end a big snake swam right across our path. Gave me a LOT of incentive not to dump it!

THANKS, LEFT SIDE OF MY HELMET

The inevitable...

5c9d7e806d9cfae6ea24bd43d09bb9b2.jpg

Subcom airs up a low front tire. After 89 miles of unpaved roads. Prolly picked up a thorn. The Slime will hold it for now.

Bee-utee-ful day. Excellent riding. Just to top the day off, we Will be lunching at Castell here in a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice video, thanks for sharing!

Between work and an AC unit that decided to go out, I wasn't able to make it this weekend.

Question about your video though; was that all taken on one of the pre-planned routes that are linked on post #1 of this thread?

It looks like I missed a really good ride, :( but I want to go up and explore some of them as soon as I get the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back