TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > Texas Dualsport Riding > Texas Adventure Rider's Assoc.

Notices

Forum Jump

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2008, 11:32 AM   #11
ed29

Re: 2008 TAR Ride Report

Many thanks to Richard, Connie, Roger, Dave, and anyone else that worked on making TAR 2008 a huge success. The riding was wonderful, the company was the best. The food was pretty good too.

I made new friends and rode with some excellent riders this trip. We explored roads off the beaten path, in some cases they were off the route too. We were not technically lost.... only having an adventure as I see it.

The bikes varied from all out competition machines with lights, mirrors, horn, and a tag to street machines adapted to gravel and dirt. The uncommon ones caught my eye.

No big surprise that KLRs outnumbered all other bikes combined. Note this is only a guess based on casual observation, not a scientific count.

One thing about dual sport riding I enjoy is the mix of pavement and dirt. In one day we rode the sisters, rode the best of route 13 including the tough section, rode portions of several other routes plus some ad hoc gravel linking the routes. It was all good.

These 250s give a glimpse of the past and future sitting side by side.

The old air cooled, carburatted XR with conventional forks stood in both contrast and harmony with the liquid cooled, injected, upside down equipped WR. Old school bike with lots of accessories next to spankin' new bone stock.... Both were correct for the task at hand.

What TAR report would be complete without touching on water crossings? The trusty XR with its predictable manners and power delivery was excellent in this area.
Water crossings by the letter.....
S stands for slick which equals sedate.

R stands for rocky on which you can rock and roll.

That last one was so much fun that we crossed back and forth several times playing on it.

My furry passenger even seemed to enjoy the spray.

More on him later.... Wiley had a blast and may have to submit his own report.

Life is short... Ride it hard.
ed29 is offline   Reply With Quote