• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Prayer for Zac Chapman - family needs help

Good to see folks are pitching in. I hope he makes the goal.

Last edited:
Late last night I got the following text from Fred. Many of you have been praying for Zac since this started and his need for our prayers hasn’t ended!

Last weekend Zac spent 3 days in the hospital getting IV steroids in hopes that it would help with the continuing weakness issues which is robbing him of his gained independence he has worked so hard for, but so far no results. MRI’s have shown that he has 2 lesions on his spinal chord between T6 and T10. The doctors are not sure how he got the lesions (they could be from a spinal infection or a spinal stroke, etc. but they are not sure yet).
We ask that you pray for God to show the doctors why Zac is getting weaker and weaker by the day and to heal his body in Jesus name!

Father God, you said that if we lack wisdom that we could ask and you would give it. We ask for wisdom for the medical providers and thank you for our effectual prayer that comes into agreement with your plan and purpose for our brother Zac's life hidden in Christ Jesus. We thank you for your Holy Spirit that is living in Zac and that Zac's his name is written in your book of life. We ask in the name of Jesus for healing and restoration for Zac that Jesus purchased for us through His shed blood, death, burial, and resurrection. We thank you and give you all the glory and praise for our eternal life in you Jesus knowing there is nothing that can ever separate Zac Chapman from your perfect love, or remove him from your comforting hand. Thank you for pouring out your peace and love beyond understanding for Zac and his family and friends as we stand in faith in you Father God, knowing all is well.
Thank you Jesus that you are the ANCHOR to our souls, so be it.

Last edited:
Got a call from Fred this morning and had a good visit. He and Zac were on the way to therapy. Thought I would share what I know.

• oken=407682420960|34737e0c303f53612dceed9042ae1040.jpg
Zac Chapman is organizing this fundraiser.

Hi, my name is Zac Chapman! I suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury and brain stem injury in a near fatal motorcycle crash on August 8, 2009. It's been a long road since then, but with miracles from God and a lot of hard work, and much support I've regained more independence than thought possible. November 24 2020 I had a cervical discectomy and fusion of C5-C6 to remove the pressure on my spinal cord. Now that the issue with my spinal cord has been dealt with, I have a unique opportunity to take part in a new trial therapy at NeuroKinetix (previously known as Neurological Recovery Center); combining Hyperbaric chamber Oxygen Therapy with my PT. The clinical Dr and the director both told me they believe their new addition of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy will increase my strength. This use of a Hyperbaric chamber to treat a Traumatic Brain Injury costs $8,000.00 for 40 treatments. The treatments are 70 minute sessions. They will take place 5 days a week for 8 weeks followed by an hour of physical therapy.

link to GoFundMe :https://www.gofundme.com/f/zacattack461?qid=48ec0ba8981f0d84c8cf7e38b732439f

What Doug said!! But for the grace of God or extremely good luck go I.

Thanks for the link. It is hard to believe my kids have been praying for him for almost their entire lives! Sarah was almost 5 when he had his accident, Daniel was 3 and Rachel wasn't even 1 yet. Now they are 16, 14, and 12!

Please post back and let us know if he reaches the goal and how the treatment goes. I'd definitely like to keep the kids updated on his progress.

Got this text from Fred this afternoon. Date says 1/10, but several people got it when I did.

Belated Update: 1/10/22

Family and Friends, please pray for Zac he got real sick the 10th, Monday afternoon right after his first day back to PT in 4 months with a high fever, chills, and extreme weakness.
After spending almost 2 days trying to find a Covid tests anywhere in Parker Co. Jake found some around 3:30 Thursday and Zac tested positive with Covid. So we headed to the ER at Texas Health hospital in Willowpark and we where there till 1:00am they got him prepped and hooked up to an IV and oxygen and transported him to Harris downtown because he’s considered “high risk“ because of his history of 13 pneumonia’s and TBI.
When the Dr. came back in he said all the test results came back as “Covid pneumonia“. (Def: bilateral pneumonia with Covid).
We got to Harris ER about 2:30am and they where expecting him and because of his severe weakness and his speech was a lot harder to understand then usual they decided to let me stay with him so I could show them Zac’s needs and limitations. I spent the night sleeping in a chair in the ER, no shower or food. With the regulations on Covid (One family member for just 2hrs each day) I’m surprised they let me stay at all.
Friday morning: He seems to be feeling a bit better with being on IV fluids all night and his fever was down a little bit. But we’ve spent all last night and this morning getting through each of Zac’s needs and limitations, basically training them like I do new caregiver’s just as always when we have to go to the ER or have a surgery I have this battle with them getting his med list correct and they always screw up at least one or two things, this time it was the medicine we flush his catheter with so it got clogged up and soaked him in his bed because his bladder couldn’t drain after that they pretty much listened to me. It was kinda funny me teaching two RN’s how to change a super pubic catheter.
Zac really hasn’t slept well and today he had a pretty tough day he started coughing a lot and has a real hard time communicating cause the high fever has made him so weak he hasn’t been able to eat any solid food since we took him to the first ER in Willowpark Thursday so I’ve been giving him tube feedings three times a day.
A new Dr. came in today and informed us of his treatment plan, a heavy IV antibiotic for the bacterial pneumonia and the new Remdesivir medication for the Covid viral pneumonia he also had a slight UTI but the Dr. said the antibiotic for the pneumonia would take care of that and advised us that Zac would be in the hospital for at least 5 days.
Around 10:30 I left Harris ER headed home to shower and get a few hours sleep while they where going to transport Zac over to the hospital since they just got a room ready for him, he will be in Jones bldg room 347. I’m doing my best to keep everyone informed that has asked me to I can’t possibly text everyone we know and cares about Zac that list would be 4-5 pages long and I’m so busy with him when I’m there that I don’t get time to text much. Text back the word YES if you want me to keep you updated. I know that you all know how serious this Covid is and with both of us being high risk patients we’ve worked very hard to steer clear of it and we’ve been very blessed up til now and have no clue how Zac got it and I didn’t we’re always together. He had not been anywhere outside the house for over a week and me and the caregiver both tested negative.
You know we appreciate all the prayers and support that y’all have given us over the last 12 years but more than ever we really need you now with Zac’s history of 13 pneumonia’s and everything else. The infectious disease Dr. is extremely concerned but promised me that he and the staff would do there very best. So once again I ask you to pray for him, the Dr’s and nurses.
I have another latest update coming soon.

He is a real fighter and inspiration to all. Hope he comes out of this soon.

Please keep us posted as you get more info. Hard to believe it has already been 12 years that we have been praying for him nightly!

Back