• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Heed Crash bars

D.W.

Reaction score
Looking at purchasing a set for my '09' 1250S. just curious if there is any feedback out there on this product before spending my hard earned cash.

If these are the bars built in eastern Europe, I know a few Africa Twin owners that are very pleased with them. Cant verify for other bikes.

I've read some reviews of these on the Super Tenere forum - no complaints and did their job w/o getting bent during a drop or a lowside. Made in Poland.

D.W. - I'm one of the Africa Twin owners misterk mentioned and I have the HEED crash bars. I'm very pleased with them. They are very meticulously packaged and shipped to the US. I installed the bars myself and was pleased with the installation instructions. My only complaint with the bars is there's a bend in the bars where they attach at the bottom on the right side. My ankle rubs the bar when I'm sitting in a typical neutral position; however, it doesn't bother me any other time - just highway riding.

I'd had them installed for about a year and received an email from them stating that they had received some complaints about limited access to the battery on the left side. They offered to replace the bar on the left side with a newer version for free. Since I had just had a minor crash on the asphalt a couple of weeks prior, I agreed to the swap. :trust: BTW - the bars protected my bike in the crash and held up very well without bending or cracking.

I think they are a well made set of bars. All of the welds appeared to be quality applied and the finish was excellent. The packaging was over the top.

Anyhoo - I would definately recommend them.

Uncle Buck, where did you purchase your bars at? I m having some trouble with PayPal not accepting my credit cards.

I bought them directly from HEED. Just looked up my receipt and it looks like mine went through PayPal. The only issue I remember was that the bars were stuck in customs in NY for TWO WEEKS.

I just tried Heed.com and got sent to PayPal. Tried PayPal again and got refused.
Thanks for the help I will keep working on the problem.

Back