• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2013 Uncle's Around the Bend and Uncle's Desert Challenge - Mar 7-10, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a good time, ready for the challenge. Need to get Dirtbike Dave up for this one. Have you talked to him about this Richard? I will.

While I'm thinking about it, If anybody needs free camping, I have space. Sandy and doesn't hold stakes too well, but close to the action and free. I have a small camper on my place, for me, a fireplace, and room for a few tents, if anybody wants a freebee. Look on goog maps for Bee Mnt. I'm at the base, on Fire Station Rd.

Reservations made at the El Dorado for Thu Fri and Sat nights, AND I'll save (almost) enough not hauling the camper to pay for the room! Especially if I can get enough deadbeat buddies to chip in for gas $$ for hauling their dirtbikes and dualsports out while they ride. If anyone wants to share a jacuzzi suite, and their username is not MsBehave, they have more! Stephanie, come on down to Terlingua in March - it'll be a good time.

Reservations made at the El Dorado for Thu Fri and Sat nights, AND I'll save (almost) enough not hauling the camper to pay for the room! Especially if I can get enough deadbeat buddies to chip in for gas $$ for hauling their dirtbikes and dualsports out while they ride. If anyone wants to share a jacuzzi suite, and their username is not MsBehave, they have more! Stephanie, come on down to Terlingua in March - it'll be a good time.

I've been debating on taking the toy hauler or not. With that said, I might be interested in splitting the cost with you. PM me if offer is still good.

I've been debating on taking the toy hauler or not. With that said, I might be interested in splitting the cost with you. PM me if offer is still good.

Sorry, I was being funny...the offer's only good if you are my sweetie MsBehave.

LOL Sorry I'm no ones MsBehave. But if you're doing a fish fry....... I can misbehave a little. LOL

See you in Big Ben

I have a plated crf250x. I am planning to put a new sprocket and chain to allow for higher speeds but still have the ability to use it in the dirt. I was wondering if the 250 is sufficient for the Bend?

Yep. I rode my wr250f out there. I plated it, but never put a larger tank on it so I carried extra fuel. Most of the speed limits down there are 55 or less so a 250 does just fine.

I agree with Rusty. Your 250 is a fine choice for Big Bend, especially if you are planning on more dirt than pavement.

I added content to post #3 in this thread for those contemplating Uncle's Desert Challenge.

I'll be riding from Houston possibly staying overnight en-route somewhere, if anyone wants to come with.
If I'm by myself I'll probably camp, but if someone joins me and is averse to camping we can split motel. :rider:

Well, I'm starting a new job and my Husaberg runs as good today as it did last year at Uncle's. Not good. :giveup:

Gonna keep watching this thread and see if I can make it but it's not looking too bueno as of right now. :tears:

Sounds great, I'm in. Been looking for a place to take my newly acquired DR and what better than this! :rider:

The desert challenge race sounds intriguing. Oh, wait its not a race.

Do you think a klx 110 could finish the course in the time allowed. Love to be an underdog!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back