• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2014 Uncle's Around the Bend, Desert Challenge, & Adventure Challenge: Mar 6-9, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2014 Uncle's Around the Bend, Desert Challenge, & Adventure Challenge: Mar 6-9, 2

Currently chilling at Rio Grande Village with dead electrics. No good deed goes unpunished!

Re: 2014 Uncle's Around the Bend, Desert Challenge, & Adventure Challenge: Mar 6-9, 2

Our ride included the National Park.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394250114.565596.jpg

With Zephyr and RedBrown

From mobile

^^^

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394250600.642711.jpg

From mobile

We had a blast yesterday at Santa Elena Canyon. Man, I can't imagine being in the same spot again in August with the heat.

:sun:

I hope all is well.

RB

Interesting radar near Marfa

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394334801.036109.jpg

And a few more miles to get this picture...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394334881.972320.jpg

From mobile

dy5e3ygu.jpg

Nuff said lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once again Richard and crew put on a great ride. Thanks to all who helped organize and set this up.

Is Superman this year's tee shirt design?

More.
ragesa5e.jpg

EncoreJoe

e7ema8a4.jpg

Lynne

veza8emy.jpg

WildernessRider

3yre3e6y.jpg

John & Greg

e7u6eqyz.jpg

Meriden

ejyje8ej.jpg

Julie

y5atypug.jpg

JMZ

aty2y6y5.jpg

Me

All the bikes.
u4uteqyn.jpg

Two smoke No you just get the superman award is you comets both chalenges

Old Ore Road

u7e9unug.jpg

uhenased.jpg

Back home, painless journey except for the traffic jam on I30 10 minutes from the house. Thanks one & all for a great line, would have loved to spend more time riding and less time wrenching but I certainly put the A in ADV this weekend.

For some reason the edit button has gone...

Obviously that was "great time" not "great line" which was referring to one of my jokes at the Palupa last night!

:rofl:

Old Ore Road

u7e9unug.jpg

uhenased.jpg

Great meeting up with you guys at the Rio Grande village/tire repair station. I was the guy on the DRZ with the air pump.

Got back from my first Uncles Rally. Can't wait for the next one. What a great bunch to ride with. Came back with more parts than I left with, Phillip goy your hand guard.

Back home safe and sound. Had a great time.

Talked to Richard on the road today.

He will start a ride report thread either tonight or tomorrow.

I will include the tale of me leaving a tire spoon in the rear Maxxis tire and riding both the Desert Challenge and the Adventure Challenge with it in the rear tire until it flatted me in Marfa! :eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

Got back from my first Uncles Rally. Can't wait for the next one. What a great bunch to ride with. Came back with more parts than I left with, Phillip goy your hand guard.

Thanks! And thanks for being a hero on the trail when I got stranded. I' PM'd you.

Great meeting up with you guys at the Rio Grande village/tire repair station. I was the guy on the DRZ with the air pump.

It took a few of us to complete the job:lol2:

Nice to meet you also. Come ride with us sometime....

I just want to thank Richard and everyone else who helped organize..i had a great time and met a bunch of good people. I also want to thank Charles for letting me tag along with him and Dawn Friday and showing me around the national park. I want to do it again next year and also participate in the adventure challenge. Only thing I will do different next year is trailer the bike. The last hour of my 500 mile ride home today was painful.

I finally got home a few hours back thanks again Richard and your wife and all the others who helped make the rally one of the best times of my life

YOU ROCK!
Glad to see you made it back, as If there was ever any doubt :trust:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back