• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2015 Uncle's Around the Bend, Desert, ADV, and Dos y Dos Challenges Mar 19 - 22 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
This should be fun. The Dos y Dos looks compelling. I think a Honda 90 Trail bike might be up for the challenge.

:rider:

RB

Of course, if you are on a trail 90, maybe you should opt for the smaller class challenge we're saving for later, LOL.

Attachments

• 026-XL.jpg
    026-XL.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 281
I am in.
Not interested in challenges . . . just in riding the area. :trust:

If I didn't think I'd hurt myself trying the off-road stuff as a TOTAL beginner I might be up for this. Then again, I DID attend a few years ago on the big-pig and stayed on-road and had a blast. Hmmmm..... :ponder:

Love the LED headlight, snorkel, etc on the yellow one. Well thought out!

Those ADV reports have some really neat improvisational small cc bikes adventures, like A Honda called DOT.

...I guess the snorkel is for high-water crossings.

icon_huh.gif

Thanks for taking over Uncle's Big Bend dual-sport rally.

:rider:

RB

Registration is now open.

A Paypal shopping cart has been created to take credit card and paypal payment. It is on the registration page.

The page can be printed and mailed with check or money order.

If I didn't think I'd hurt myself trying the off-road stuff as a TOTAL beginner I might be up for this. Then again, I DID attend a few years ago on the big-pig and stayed on-road and had a blast. Hmmmm..... :ponder:

I remember that . . .

Take my money! Oh wait, you should already have it. I'm guessing the registration is not fillable online?

Yes Nadeem. Thank you for being registered rider #1!

The form is only for print and mail. Everyone paying by paypal, please put phone number and emergency contact in notes to seller area in paypal.

And if you include your screen name, that would be awesome!

Option to register, but skip advanced mailing and tee shirt, has been posted for $80. Tee shirts are being paid mainly by sponsors (thanks to Moto-Liberty, Brawp/Halffast/Lanoue Racing, and 7 more tbd) so you don't get a huge price break.

But, I'm having cool shirts made, nextlevel brand comfortable stretch material, artist designed even. You may want one when you see one.

Last edited:
Last years big bike challenge was assume! Hope to be able to attempt it again this coming event. Last year 3 of us got back in just at cutoff time. Think I'll try starting a little earlier. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

...Last year 3 of us got back in just at cutoff time. Think I'll try starting a little earlier. [emoji16]

That is why the Rally includes breakfast starting at the crack of dawn both days. A 7AM fed and gassed departure is what Trail Boss highly recommends.

But if you're fast, 300 miles should be a snap starting just after lunch. What could possibly go wrong in the desert?:rofl:

2009_Feb_Big_Bend164.jpg

Dates are good for me. Maybe take the week off and hit New Mexico too. Thanks for taking over.

That is why the Rally includes breakfast starting at the crack of dawn both days. A 7AM fed and gassed departure is what Trail Boss highly recommends.

But if you're fast, 300 miles should be a snap starting just after lunch. What could possibly go wrong in the desert?:rofl:

2009_Feb_Big_Bend164.jpg

:rofl:

That was my group... one of 2 flats Ken had.

The dates are SXSW weekend so I will likely be working downtown in all the madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back