• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2015 Uncle's Around the Bend, Desert, ADV, and Dos y Dos Challenges Mar 19 - 22 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chuck!!! You making it down again?
Yes. You and Patrick should come down the weekend before. I'll probably spend a couple of weeks down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am definetly in, just need to figure out which options I'm going to register for.

Thanks for registering Charles. I can't wait to ride with you again. That BB state park trip was very memorable for me. And I still have your poop shovel. Trade you for a hoodie, haha.

I have my 2 sweep riders for the Desert Challenge lined up. Thanks JT and JJ! We're lining up a scouting trip for late December right now!

Dawn and I are going to be camping in the park the week between Xmas and New Years. No bikes this trip - just doing some hiking but maybe we can meet up at the Starlight one night.

I'm headed to El Salvador tomorrow with a buddy for 10 days of tearing up city, beaches, mountains, goat paths, sidewalks, and whatever else they can throw at us on a trusty 7 HP CRUX 110 Yamaha. See ya'll Dec 14!

Yamaha-Crux-Budget-commuter-Motorcycle-1.jpg

I'm headed to El Salvador tomorrow with a buddy for 10 days of tearing up city, beaches, mountains, goat paths, sidewalks, and whatever else they can throw at us on a trusty 7 HP CRUX 110 Yamaha. See ya'll Dec 14!....

Sounds like a great trip. Please take a few pics to share with us folks working back home. :mrgreen:

Oldtimer on his XT225 and me on the TW200 plan to participate in the Dos y Dos, maybe joined by fellow Louisianan RandyG riding chaperon on his CRF250L. I gotta hurry up, only have ~3 months to get me and the TW in shape. :rider:

I'm headed to El Salvador tomorrow with a buddy for 10 days of tearing up city, beaches, mountains, goat paths, sidewalks, and whatever else they can throw at us on a trusty 7 HP CRUX 110 Yamaha. See ya'll Dec 14!

Cool! I just did a long weekend Thanksgiving trip to Costa Rica. I rented a Honda XR150 and loved it. The roads were very rough, so riding a light bike was a pleasure. Too bad they don't sell it in the US.

RB

384030573.jpg

Just a mere two days after ordering from Motorcycle Superstore, parts arrive for the Mini-Busa. With these new hand guards and performance air filter, no one will be able to catch me! (Maniacal laughter)

20141205_073008_zpscccf8376.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for registering Charles. I can't wait to ride with you again. That BB state park trip was very memorable for me. And I still have your poop shovel. Trade you for a hoodie, haha.

Great memories as well! Most likely in.

To any who may be interested, there is going to be a group of us at BBRSP for a few days before, some camping, some at the bunkhouse. :rider:

To any who may be interested, there is going to be a group of us at BBRSP for a few days before, some camping, some at the bunkhouse. :rider:

Yes, I plan to be knocking back some good brew with Jetdr21....responsibly, in moderation, and in my own special cup!

As you know, BBRSP is not offering meals at the Bunkhouse due to staffing shortages and the cook retiring. Its possible the kitchen may be open for some kind of communal meal for dual sport riders that like to cook....I think there are 2 of those in Texas that I know of (GhostRider!)

Also, another word to the wise: Make sure your motorcycle is INSPECTED, TAGGED, and INSURED! Last year the park officer was taking a close look at the bikes because they must be fully STREET LEGAL. What sparked it was a couple of well-meaning and very cool dudes that came with their DS bikes, and the plates were tucked up under the rear fender wells. This made them look like un-licensed "dirt bikes" and the park officer started checking all the bikes. The park officer was only doing his job, as it should be. He was very cool in the end, and cut some slack to the RideDualSport group...but he was WILLING TO WRITE TICKETS.

Another word to the wise: alcohol in the BunkHouse is prohibited. There was unfortunatley a group (not dual sport riders) that drank irresponsibly and cause problems. So, no "public display or consumption" allowed. Be discrete, reasonable, and polite, no problems.

Big Bend Ranch State Park has been very welcoming to the dual sport community, and I know we all strive to keep it that way. Enjoy some of the BEST riding at BBRSP!

I was at the bunkhouse this spring when Sgt Dotter issued a ticket for display and consuming to a Texas state employee in the bunkhouse. There are no " none public" areas ANYWHERE in that bunkhouse. Sgt. Dotter also told me that he looked for booze in solo cups, etc. I don't tell anyone what to think or do but I suggest leaving alcohol at home if you stay in the bunkhouse. Use your money for gasoline and accessories rather then for tickets.

Dotter also told me he was enforcing speed laws and that he was writing tickets.

I was at the bunkhouse this spring when Sgt Dotter issued a ticket for display and consuming to a Texas state employee in the bunkhouse. There are no " none public" areas ANYWHERE in that bunkhouse. Sgt. Dotter also told me that he looked for booze in solo cups, etc. I don't tell anyone what to think or do but I suggest leaving alcohol at home if you stay in the bunkhouse. Use your money for gasoline and accessories rather then for tickets.

Dotter also told me he was enforcing speed laws and that he was writing tickets.

View attachment 191693

Practicing for the climb out of Black Gap

That video makes me cringe...

Yes Nadeem. Thank you for being registered rider #1!

The form is only for print and mail. Everyone paying by paypal, please put phone number and emergency contact in notes to seller area in paypal.

And if you include your screen name, that would be awesome!

Now you tell me.

I'm in.

+Desert Challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back