• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What is Texas Adventure?

Re: Totally new.. I have just bought a KLR650 2009

Hello.. my name is Antonio and I have just bought a new KLR-650
I have not a license actually and will be taking the curse next week end.
If somebody can recommend me some roads close to DFW for a newbi I will appreciate it, also if there is a club or reunion point would be good for me because I am totally new and want to start doing short trips, preferable dirty roads, lakes, rivers or in other words different places that the regulars you see everyday in your car.

Join the dfw Dualsport riders

Any word on dates for Uncles around the Bend 2016?

:rider:

I have retired for the time being from rally organization.

Shadman (Peter) appointed himself as the rally organizer for Uncle's 2015 but I don't know if he plans to repeat in 2016.

So, as of right now, no plans that I know of.

If anyone out there has a hankering to be a rally organizer, feel free to contact me....

I have retired for the time being from rally organization.

Shadman (Peter) appointed himself as the rally organizer for Uncle's 2015 but I don't know if he plans to repeat in 2016.

So, as of right now, no plans that I know of.

If anyone out there has a hankering to be a rally organizer, feel free to contact me....
Dang....I cant seems to catch any good rides...I guess I will suggest a Big Bend ride in March...You organized some great rides Richard...

Any word on dates for Uncles around the Bend 2016?

:rider:

Kind of an unusual request, but we can get you some

i-p2PNNt9-L.jpg

Lol. Your funny trice.
Infidel , shadman is doing a great job of filling in for trail boss from what I hear .

Signatures? We don't need no stinking signatures!

I assume their will be an uncles ride in 2016

Signatures? We don't need no stinking signatures!

Uncles Ride 2016 - Save the Date:

Feb 25th - 28th, 2016 The rally, proper, will be the usual Thursday night to Sunday morning as in year's prior.

As a new concept for 2016's rally, I plan to add a "New to Dual Sporting" dinner seminar on Wednesday night, Feb 24th, and a riding and trailside maintenance clinic on Thursday Feb 25th. This should cater to newer riders who have not yet paced their skills versus the horde and who maybe have not yet changed a tire or patched a radiator trailside or dealt with an injury or unplanned overnight adventure in the desert. It will include a 50 mile unpaved loop from Terlingua heading north and some relaxation time in the ghost town. Plus, it gives all those guys who want an extra day to ride (the State Park?) a bit of planned structure and camaraderie a day ahead of the norm.

Pending approval by Richard I'll begin a ride thread shortly. And MexTrek 2016 #1.

Last edited:
Uncles Ride 2016 - Save the Date:

Feb 25th - 28th, 2016 The rally, proper, will be the usual Thursday night to Sunday morning as in year's prior.

As a new concept for 2016's rally, I plan to add a "New to Dual Sporting" dinner seminar on Wednesday night, Feb 24th, and a riding and trailside maintenance clinic on Thursday Feb 25th. This should cater to newer riders who have not yet paced their skills versus the horde and who maybe have not yet changed a tire or patched a radiator trailside or dealt with an injury or unplanned overnight adventure in the desert. It will include a 50 mile unpaved loop from Terlingua heading north and some relaxation time in the ghost town. Plus, it gives all those guys who want an extra day to ride (the State Park?) a bit of planned structure and camaraderie a day ahead of the norm.
Pending approval by Richard I'll begin a ride thread shortly. And MexTrek 2016 #1.

Awesome....thanks for the info...and you can count me in.

Hi, Scorch.

I'm keeping the routes reserved for registered riders. If you can't attend TAR, you can buy a copy of the ride guide, which includes all the routes.

I haven't been able to come up with a map I can give out that doesn't violate copyright laws.

Richard, you can get open access topographic survey maps from the USGS they are online, you would just need a plotter to print them out full sized.

https://www.usgs.gov/products/maps/topo-maps

I print these out whenever I am heading into back country destinations just in case. They are free and great maps for off-road work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Richard,

My name is Seiji Ishii, I have moved to Wimberley, TX from further east (used to own my own motocross/supercross tracks there for work) so I could get into a school district for my kid and have found your books, etc on DS/ADV rides and I appreciate all that work and willingness to share.

I am a writer now for both Upshift Online and Dirt Rider magazines as well as some outdoor oriented media outlets. All the attention is always on the West Coast, Baja, etc. I keep telling my West Coast counterparts that we have sick riding here and well, there is Mexico. I am also a climbing guide and go to Hidalgo to climb, man there is some sweet riding there too.

I am trying to get more involved in the local ADV scene, not only to ride but to possibly stumble on some content to write about, and to meet and hang with TX people instead of CA people all the time lol. I will make one of your events ASAP.

I am also a Wilderness First Responder. I saw some post where you were concerned about having some sort of medical response plan, if I can make a ride, I am happy to provide at least that service for you.

Hope to meet you all soon and ride together. Be safe out there. Again, thanks for all you do to foster this community.

Richard,

My name is Seiji Ishii, I have moved to Wimberley, TX from further east (used to own my own motocross/supercross tracks there for work) so I could get into a school district for my kid and have found your books, etc on DS/ADV rides and I appreciate all that work and willingness to share.

I am a writer now for both Upshift Online and Dirt Rider magazines as well as some outdoor oriented media outlets. All the attention is always on the West Coast, Baja, etc. I keep telling my West Coast counterparts that we have sick riding here and well, there is Mexico. I am also a climbing guide and go to Hidalgo to climb, man there is some sweet riding there too.

I am trying to get more involved in the local ADV scene, not only to ride but to possibly stumble on some content to write about, and to meet and hang with TX people instead of CA people all the time lol. I will make one of your events ASAP.

I am also a Wilderness First Responder. I saw some post where you were concerned about having some sort of medical response plan, if I can make a ride, I am happy to provide at least that service for you.

Hope to meet you all soon and ride together. Be safe out there. Again, thanks for all you do to foster this community.

coachseiji- are you also an african prince interested in buying my stock triumph tiger seat i have listed on CL? If so i will give you the necessary financial information to perform a non-stipulous transaction.

Just kidding, but that is quite a resume and i follow Upshift on instagram- a good follow. Welcome to the forum.

coachseiji- are you also an african prince interested in buying my stock triumph tiger seat i have listed on CL? If so i will give you the necessary financial information to perform a non-stipulous transaction.

Just kidding, but that is quite a resume and i follow Upshift on instagram- a good follow. Welcome to the forum.

Me thinks he's legit.

"Hey all! The new issue of UPSHIFT is out and if you are a Baja lover there is some great content in this one!
Recently we attended a 5 day ride south of the border with about 16 riders including Simon Cudby (Upshift Online) Andrew Short, Seiji Ishii, Jack Penton (Son of the guy who basically started KTM), Todd Huffman (Film maker) Alex Martens (Konflict Motorsports) Daryl VanNieuwenhuise "

His name shows up on page 4-5. https://www.upshiftonline.com/upshi...ail&utm_term=0_eb65f42fd5-a7110dd881-34971673

Great to have someone of your pedigree here. Hope we live up to your expectations. :rider:

Welcome! And thanks for the introduction to Upshift. I haven't heard of it before, and it looks like a great magazine! You are in a beautiful part of Texas.
The TWT is a good group of people, and hopefully you can attend one of the gatherings soon.

There is a pie run next Saturday, and it isn't too far from you. Here is the link to the information.

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113500

GSer

Richard,
My name is Seiji Ishii, I have moved to Wimberley, TX.....

Back