• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Red River Again Sunday, 5/28/06

Reaction score
Jason, Bruce, and I hit the trails yesterday morning up at Red River. This was Bruce’s first trip to Red River. He is still breaking in his brand new KTM 450 EXC, it only has a few hours on it. Jason was on his KTM 400 RXC. I was on my KX 250.

We took off and headed out to the north side of the property and ended up running different sections of the RR Enduro course. It amazed me how much easier some of those sections were when I was not completely exhausted!

Everyone was low on water so we went back by the trucks to refuel and cool off a bit. Then an ambulance and fire truck go screaming by and turn into the second gate of the park. Soon there after a life flight air ambulance was finding a place to land. We never did find out what had happened, but it could not have been good if someone was getting flown out of there. Has anyone heard?

We then headed out and hit the sandy single track on the other end of the property for a while. We ended up back on the early sections of the endure course which were super fast and tons of fun.

Here is a pic of Jason:

jason11sg.jpg

Bruce opening up the 450:

bruce15uk.jpg

Jason riding circles around us:

jason25fo.jpg

You guys missed out!

Cheers,

tp

Most all of the single track is still marked. The start is not marked. Also, the transition areas (open fields, ect.) are not marked. It is impossible to go run the entire course as it passes through several locked gates and a couple of areas that are only open during the races.

That being said, you can still go out there and link several fun and challenging sections together by following the bright orange/red rectangle signs that are posted on the trees. Much of the red tape that is used to block off trails not used has been torn down, but you can still follow the signs.

Cheers,

tp

Wow! That picture actually makes me look like I can ride:rofl: Thanks - I had a great time!

Bruce M said:
Wow! That picture actually makes me look like I can ride:rofl: Thanks - I had a great time!

Trick photography...........it is all smoke and mirrors! :chug:

Just kidding!

Looks like a lot of fun. You guys really need to work on stopping and setting up more shots for the rest of us to drool over ;-) Quit being so greedy and share some of it! :-P

Burce, welcome to the site!

Thanks for not posting the pics of me bailing! :mrgreen:

It figures that the only time I crashed all day was when the camera was out. I rode that hill first and waited at the top. Then I figured I'd check on Bruce, so I rode down the hill and he said he wanted to see it again. So I rode it again. Then Tom says, "hey that looked cool. Go do it again so I can get a picture." So I go down again and start back up. This time I hit it with too much angle, the rear tire kicked out sideways and I bailed off. Of course this also happend just as another rider came up and was waiting on us. :doh: It probably took us close to 10 minutes of kicking to get that dang thing cleared out and started back up.

Good times... :rider:

Back