• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Please pray for my Dad

:tab So Dad went in for some CT scans this morning. Tomorrow morning he and Mom will meet with the Doc to review the results of some blood work from last week and the CT scans. They're both pretty anxious about it and are hoping that the results will reveal what is really going on and what might be done about it.

:tab He and I were just sitting here talking at work. He looks much better and seems to be feeling better. He doesn't seem to be getting as winded just from talking like he did before.

:lol2:

:tab IF we were going through Durango, that would probably be true. However, we will be going South of Durango on our way back to Farmington, NM. In Pagosa Springs, we will head South on some back roads and follow the San Juan River over to Navajo Lake.

Keep us up to date on pops progress. Good to know he is moving closer to being healthy again. Hope the doctors are able to put a finger on what the real problem is.

The Q-joint in Durango was the only spot in all of Colorado we found that made sweet tea.

Last edited:
Requested the highest good for all concerned, at home, in the office, and on Sarah's Big Adventure. Peace be with you.

Trip was awesome. Dad did fine. He is feeling MUCH better!

Now it is back to the grind for me... :twitch:

Good to hear about your Dad's recovery and a good trip. Look forward to a ride report.

Not real sure what it was with Dad. But the change for the better was literally over night when it finally happened.

Ride report eventually if I can get Sarah motivated. She shot over 1500 images. I shot very little. She kept a journal of sorts each night. So I am hoping to create an account on TWT for her and let her work on the report.

Scott, I'm not sure how I missed this but am so glad your dad is doing well. When the family anchor pulls loose, it's darned hard to get back to a safe place.

:tab He's doing much better, but still gets short of breath if he starts getting very active. He is going in Friday morning for a chemical stress test on the heart. Five years ago, he had a small stent put in near the base of the heart in an artery that supplies blood to the part of the heart responsible for telling it to speed up the beat when needed. The artery was not clogged, but it had a slight kink in it that caused a pressure drop. He felt better immediately after the stent was in, like within 10 minutes! They are thinking that there might be an issue with this artery/stent because the symptoms are very similar now to what they were then. It would be cool if it were the same issue and a new stent could fix it. On the last check five years ago, ALL of the other arteries looked really good and were totally clear. Hopefully, that has not changed.

:tab On a somewhat related note, I was talking with Dad recently and he casually mentioned that Mom has been diagnosed with congestive heart failure...!? Uh, no one mentioned anything about that to me!! Well, it seems that it is not immediately life threatening like a heart attack. It is a fluid build up issue that can cause the heart to enlarge as it loses pumping efficiency. So she's on a LOW salt diet and is temporarily taking a diuretic to help eliminate excess fluids. She's been at it now for 3-4 weeks and said today that she is feeling MUCH better and feels like she is breathing much better as well. Apparently, it can also affect the lungs. She never mentioned that she too has been having trouble feeling short of breath :doh:

:tab They are both 77 though. Already they have beaten the average. So we just take every day and year as it comes and try to appreciate them rather than taking them for granted.

:tab He's doing much better, but still gets short of breath if he starts getting very active. He is going in Friday morning for a chemical stress test on the heart. Five years ago, he had a small stent put in near the base of the heart in an artery that supplies blood to the part of the heart responsible for telling it to speed up the beat when needed. The artery was not clogged, but it had a slight kink in it that caused a pressure drop. He felt better immediately after the stent was in, like within 10 minutes! They are thinking that there might be an issue with this artery/stent because the symptoms are very similar now to what they were then. It would be cool if it were the same issue and a new stent could fix it. On the last check five years ago, ALL of the other arteries looked really good and were totally clear. Hopefully, that has not changed.

:tab On a somewhat related note, I was talking with Dad recently and he casually mentioned that Mom has been diagnosed with congestive heart failure...!? Uh, no one mentioned anything about that to me!! Well, it seems that it is not immediately life threatening like a heart attack. It is a fluid build up issue that can cause the heart to enlarge as it loses pumping efficiency. So she's on a LOW salt diet and is temporarily taking a diuretic to help eliminate excess fluids. She's been at it now for 3-4 weeks and said today that she is feeling MUCH better and feels like she is breathing much better as well. Apparently, it can also affect the lungs. She never mentioned that she too has been having trouble feeling short of breath :doh:

:tab They are both 77 though. Already they have beaten the average. So we just take every day and year as it comes and try to appreciate them rather than taking them for granted.
This is all good and caring news.....thanks for sharing.....GIG, ATT....:sun:

Back