• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Great Ride Today

Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
Slover
Got 403 miles in out in the Hill Country today on the ZRX amazing day
dont know were everyone was, got to run 16 twice and 337 twice and only encountered one bike the whole time going my direction. Encountered a
couple of cars and they pulled over and let the red rocket by.

I have not encountered that few motorcycles on the road out there in 30 years

But it's a dry heat

Well... it was 102 F over here in East Texas and when it gets that hot... it still isn't a dry heat! :headbang: And it DOES make a difference in how hot it feels ;-) By the time I started heading home, nasty storm clouds were looming in the direction I was headed. I never got rained on, but it did get REAL windy and the temp dropped from 102 down to 85 in about 15-20 minutes!

Bud, I rarely ride out in the Hill Country any more, the Twisted Sisters in particular, because it is far enough away that I can usually only get out there on a weekend. It has been so incredibly crowded and full of crazed idiots that it just hasn't been fun the last few times I've gone. In more than one instance, there were riders that were literally engaging in life threatening behavior for themselves and other riders and cages. Then there is the hassle of getting stuck behind an endless parade...

Back