• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

3rd Annual Around the Bend

He drank the water in Mexico. We'll see just how worthy he is tomorrow.

made it home after 5 days of riding :zen:, Thurs joined TJs group (Bob, Jeff, TJ, Andrew) and went back to BBRSP and rode Oso Loop and then back to the "Rode to nowhere"

Friday, Ken on his KTM 450 joined us for River Road, Black Gap, and Old Ore, and we saw a solo KTM 990 rider on Black Gap, as Andrew said he was carrying as much stuff as all of us put together

happy trails my friends, had no slime in the tires and did not get a flat, and only a few little mishaps with no video or photos as evidence

here are a few more from the State Park, actually Hugo took these but im stealing them ...

DSCN1165.jpg

DSCN1190.jpg

DSCN1207.jpg

Faaaaantastic! Where was this taken?

thanks, just a few miles west of Saucedo on the main road at Big Bend Ranch State Park google

the Bunkhouse has $25 per night beds, serves food, has leather sofas, WIFI, a 50" LCD TV, microwave, etc; so im not exactly an "adventure rider" :lol2:

This was my first time at the "Annual Around the Bend" ride but I have to tell you it won't be my last, I am already making plans for next year. I would like to thank Roger (Uncle), Richard and everyone else for taking the time to put on such a great event.
From hanging out on the porch telling lies, to breakfast at Kathy's, to Just hanging out talking with Roger, to The show at the Theatre I really got to experience Terlingua. And it was GREAT !!!!
And for everyone that didn't make it the the Last Minute Low Budget Productions of "Fuddy Mears" you missed one of the highlights of the trip.

Made it back to Houston! Got plenty pics and stories... on our adventure I ruined my wallet, iphone and even freed Tricepilot from the clutches of Chupakapra. It's late I'm going to eat and go to bed:eat:

Just wanted say thanks to all...had a great time and hope to be back next year. Ya'all think about coming up and ridin' the Flinthills with us!!!

Back in Forida as of Thursday night. Had a GREAT time in Terlingua. The rideing was a lot different that here, I had to drive 1500 miles to see a rock. Enjoyed the beer and conversation also. Richard, "you done good boy". Thanks again everyone.
Cotton

Cotton - where at in FL? I wish I was in Big Bend last week, but the company done flown me to Florida instead :)

I am in the Jacksonville area. Most Floridians consider the northern part of the state really South Georgia, not North Florida. Our best dual sport areas are the Ocala National forest and the Osceola nationl forest.

Back in Forida as of Thursday night. Had a GREAT time in Terlingua. The rideing was a lot different that here, I had to drive 1500 miles to see a rock. Enjoyed the beer and conversation also. Richard, "you done good boy". Thanks again everyone.
Cotton

Cotton, Glad to hear you made it back home safe and sound. Enjoyed riding with you, sorry about not making it Saturday. I woke up with some pain in my knee and after breakfast decided to just take it home. Maybe next year I'll be about to talk you into doing Ore road.:trust:

Back