TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > Texas Dualsport Riding > Texas Adventure Rider's Assoc.

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 06-09-2008, 04:13 PM   #101
Snuggs0802

Re: 2008 TAR Ride Report

While I was not fortunate enough to attend the Texas Adventure Ride, I have been an avid reader of stories by "Richard" documenting the adventures of he and "Uncle" as they road the Texas hill country. These stories provided sufficiently detailed road names and numbers from which I could piece together a route of my own, which happened to cross over several of the TAR routes.

I became a registered member this forum today so that I might be able to provide some video and still pictures of Hackberry Road, via this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRq7_bgOZak
I hope I've insert the link properly.

I look forward to attending next years' TAR, and I wish to thank everyone who have entered their ride reports here. Your stories, pictures and video are very entertaining.
Snuggs0802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:42 PM   #102
Trail Boss
TWT Advertiser

Snuggs,

Welcome!

That's a nice video of Hackberry Road. The water levels were higher than I've ever seen them. All that rain we had last summer must still have been hanging around when you filmed that.

If you can't wait for TAR 2009, you could always come to MexTrek in October...

"Nice bike. Have you taken her to Mexico? All bikes want their owners to take them there. " - tricepilot

Dirt, sweat & gears - adventure is calling

www.texasadventure.net
Trail Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:44 PM   #103
TexasShadow

2008 TAR Crutches Report

Long overdue, I know. But I didn't really participate much except for when I had to hobble 300 feet to the bathroom in the dark, in the middle of the night, on crutches, over gravel and in the rain. And back.
That was the extent of my Adventure 'Ride'.

At least I was there, dang it.

I spent most of my time looking at this

from here.

Except for a few times I hobbled out to mingle with the masses.

Otherwise I read a lot.
And drove myself on a fort run:
Fort McKavett slideshow and posts (scroll down to the four posts on McKavett)
Presidio San Saba slideshow and post

Ran into one of the TAR crew with similar mind. (I promised you would appear somewhere, Jerry )

Had fun with all of you at the Banquet.

"Come get some!. Dish it up right here!"

Roger encourages the spoon to continue in its course while Curtis' head starts to shake from the aluminum-covered rocks.

[The Good, Bad and Ugly music in the background....]
"You must be new to these here parts. Wanna duel with cameras, stranger?"

"So, can I squeeze these things with my fingers, or do I have to use these funny metal chopsticks?"

I bet y'all didn't know Teeds was a Marlboro man with a periscope.

A man with the jitters, a very patient woman dishing out food to hungry bikers, and my hero that can build a dirt bike and ride it all over Central America without a test drive. (I was glad to meet you, Ceebee)

I have to say JR, aka TurkeySlayer, is a kick and a fun comrade at any campfire. He had me in stitches, laughing more than I have in months. And he seemed to like my Black Forest Cobbler.

My own personal treat was this magical section of road on the way out. It is now a waypoint on my GPS and I will return.

That's it.

Ciao! Ci vediamo dopo!

'06 Wee-strom 'Whee!'
'96 DR350se New Boyfriend
TexasShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:10 PM   #104
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuggs0802 View Post
While I was not fortunate enough to attend the Texas Adventure Ride, I have been an avid reader of stories by "Richard" documenting the adventures of he and "Uncle" as they road the Texas hill country. These stories provided sufficiently detailed road names and numbers from which I could piece together a route of my own, which happened to cross over several of the TAR routes.

I became a registered member this forum today so that I might be able to provide some video and still pictures of Hackberry Road, via this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRq7_bgOZak
I hope I've insert the link properly.

I look forward to attending next years' TAR, and I wish to thank everyone who have entered their ride reports here. Your stories, pictures and video are very entertaining.
Welcome to the site!

Total Forum Supporter Donations For July: $112.85 - Previous Month: $628.38 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 134 Current Forum Supporters out of 20447 Users (0.66%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:00 PM   #105
Teeds

In Menard, Scott and Chris gassed up and we charted a course eastward towards Mason for lunch!

But first ...

Menard County Courthouse ... check

and a nice little church across the street

In Mason, after an uneventful trek down 29, we stopped for lunch

That is the Mason County Courthouse in the background.

Oops ... lunch was good ... real good ... we ate across from the square before stopping at the winery.

Then it was off for some exploring ...

We kept finding cool houses and a church ...

The parsonage ... wow ...

After a couple of turns and loops around somme fantastic dirt we popped out in the southeastern corner of Junction and made the trek across the shrouded river bridge back into downtown and the Sun Valley Motel.

Before dinner we shared a tale or three ...

Then it was off to the party ...

The tale of the tape for day two was a mile or so over 200, so we managed 500+ for the weekend. Not bad for having no plan in mind. It was a nice way to celebrate a birthday.

My photos

Ride dirt in Texas? Support those working in your behalf to increase opportunity.

If I am unwilling to accept your viewpoint as being valid, what ability do I have to alter it?
If you are unwilling to accept my viewpoint as being valid, what ability do you have to alter it?

be seen not heard

Good roads bring bad people while bad roads bring good people.
Teeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:35 PM   #106
Teeds

The 2008 TAR Star Party ...

Out front ...

The skies foretelling the rain that was about on Sunday morning

Sticks making her entrance

The chow line ... great chow I might add actually!

There was this other photographer about all night ...

My photos

Ride dirt in Texas? Support those working in your behalf to increase opportunity.

If I am unwilling to accept your viewpoint as being valid, what ability do I have to alter it?
If you are unwilling to accept my viewpoint as being valid, what ability do you have to alter it?

be seen not heard

Old 06-09-2008, 11:36 PM   #107
Teeds

In no particular order ... some of the photos ... check the link in my sig for all of them ...

Our host

The angel that puts up with all of us and always has a smile!

My photos

be seen not heard

Old 06-09-2008, 11:37 PM   #108
Teeds

My photos

be seen not heard

Old 06-09-2008, 11:39 PM   #109
Teeds

Until next year!

Go in peace, but always wear body armor.

That's all I've got folks!

If anyone would like high rez versions of any photos, just drop me a PM.

My photos

be seen not heard

Old 06-17-2008, 12:45 PM   #110
barefoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeds View Post

Ouch! Ya found the back 'o m' heed, complete with bald spot I'm usually able to ignore!
barefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 02:01 AM   #111
whitesands

Thanks for the pictures....I like the Ron Paul sticker!
whitesands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 06:06 PM   #112
mr-roboto

Everyone looks so young!

RB