• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

heat wrap?

Reaction score
So as I stated in a different thread ... I later my bike down ...
That being said, My exhaust has been rashed up reallllly badly .
I'm thinking of just heat wrapping my pipes.

my question is can I wrap the mufflers too? That's where the damage is ... and quite frankly is ugly as crap now.

Most likely, yes. The cans don't get hotter than the downtubes - and definitely not hotter than any "built" motor, so if wrapping is your choice to repair the look, that would work. Add weight, but hide scratches.

I mean my wife and buddies say that I'm the only one that thinks it looks absolutely terrible lol ... but it's my bike, I see these things ya know?

One of the down sides is the can hold moisture on the bike after washing or a rain ride.

So after a wash take it for a ride to let the exhaust heat burn the moisture out of the wrap. Also since the pipes will be wrapped anyways, I would scuff up the area around the damage and hit it with a coat of high temp paint to keep it from rusting bad under the wrap long term.

When applying it let it soak in water, wear some nitrile gloves. Wrap it as tight as you can get it. Soaking it allows some stretch to the wrap so it will tighten up some as it dries.

And I would go with black wrap. I had some white on a bike and it looks dingy after a little while.

Back