• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Installed Some Brembo on my Sumo!

OldTLSDoug

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Installed some Brembo Goodness I got from Noland Trans-World Cycle! I would not have believed it could be that much better, but DANG! Much more control, much harder bite initially. I am going to put some Vesrah pads when I get them and that should step it up yet another notch. Pretty amazing, thanks to Allen Noland. This is really fun, the new motor was a hoot. But I have a quick shifter and slipper clutch coming next week, just in time for the break in oil change, and a seat concepts seat is coming as well. Woo Hoo!

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

I can't afford to sell it now, new motor, new rear spring, new brake, new seat coming, new slipper clutch coming and quickshifter in the mail. I have way over spent on this puppy. So I am thinning the herd a bit...

IMG_0146.jpg

Can't wait to see it later this week. :D

Thinning the herd? I thought it was going to be a net even gain/loss. :D

That is funny, it is always a total loss, especially the DR-Z, lots in little out.

It's only a total loss on the $$$ balance sheet. When you look at the smiles balance sheet I'm pretty sure you always win.

Yep, on the value side, I get my money's worth usually. Sometimes I actually come out ahead, but it is rare.

I bought a used Ice Parts Quick Shifter for the SXV. For the Gixxer I bought the one from Healtech via Bluemonkey Motorsports and it is great. I still haven't installed the one on the SXV as I have to actually stop and do work to get it in and I have been avoiding it. Sooner or later I will get it installed.

Wanna sell the Gixxer? :trust:

It would take an outrageous offer, but I might sell it. I went 1:29.6 for a bunch of laps the other day. Not bad for a 57 yr old fat guy. This thing makes me look good. I noticed the left side of the tires is getting "dodgy" so I may have to actually change them. Maybe I can sell them to someone who rides straight up and down most of the time...:trust:

Back