• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

crankcase breather filter Honda CRF450X

Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Waugh
Guys & Gals, I have a 2006 Honda CRF450X that I love to ride in the dirt, I recently started to give it a winter overhaul and noticed that on the crankcase vent line at the end (near the rear wheel) there is a small aluminum casing, when I look on my other CRF's it contains some foam it is obviously to let the crankcase gasses out but prevent dirt going back to the motor. My little canister is completely empty (no foam), I assume it has rotted or got blown out over the years. I don't want dirt getting back into the engine, so I would like to replace the foam or add a new filter. I have looked on numerous WEB sites at the parts diagram and cannot find or see this filter listed anywhere. I have 4 CRF's and all of them have the filter so it's not an aftermarket part. I tried searching for an aftermarket filter and came up empty.. Does anyone know the part number for this filter or where I can get something equivalent from? Or what kind of foam to put in it? I assume part from an old air filter would do, but wanted to ask here first!!

Regards Gary

go get a $4 pushmower foam air filter from your local hardware store, use scissors, cut to fit, lightly oil it and stuff it in the empty spot... done.

go get a $4 pushmower foam air filter from your local hardware store, use scissors, cut to fit, lightly oil it and stuff it in the empty spot... done.

This ^^^^

Thanks Guys, the kit the budzrex listed is exactly what I have on the bike, but I found some open cell foam and cut it to size as other suggested!! Seems to work great..

Gary

Back