• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

prayers for Sidders family

pub610

Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Woodall
TWT'er Ed Sidders died this afternoon. Ed has been struggling with congestive heart failure for a while. Visitation will be tomorrow at McWhorter Funeral Home in Gilmer, services there Saturday at 2 p.m. Please keep the Sidders family in your prayers.

Last edited:
Always sad to loose another member of TWT. Healing prayers headed that way. Rest in peace Ed.

I worked with Ed briefly at Lone Star Steel back in the day. I was a young electrical apprentice struggling to learn the trade when I met Ed. He and I quickly struck up a friendship because of our last names being similar, Sidders vs Siddens! He always accused me of misspelling my last name..lol! Anyway, I will always remember he would take the time to show how things worked and made sure I would understand. Our favorite thing to do was to mess with the furnas operators at Lone Star Steel by making indicating lights blink using the newly installed control system. Operators would call on the radio and tell Ed to stop because they knew who was doing it! We would laugh and carry on! I’m not sure if Ed would remember that but I sure do and all the other things he taught us apprentices! RIP Ed and prayers to the Sidders family!

Back