• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Story of the Lost Socket

If I waited till I found all the "misplaced" tools and parts to ride again......I'd never ride again.:giveup:
Careful though, never know where they are going to end up. Bought a bike that had sat for a little while. I missed a mud dauber nest that broke loose and fell down pinning the throttle open. Thankfully no one was on it when it happened and it was in neutral warming up. Same thing could happen with a loose tool.

Now I know where all those sockets in the middle of the road I see at traffic lights come from ... !

I only drop them in front of gravel trucks, turnabout fair play.

Careful though, never know where they are going to end up. Bought a bike that had sat for a little while. I missed a mud dauber nest that broke loose and fell down pinning the throttle open. Thankfully no one was on it when it happened and it was in neutral warming up. Same thing could happen with a loose tool.

I actually keep a fairly organized work area. I (mostly) make sure it hits the ground before I give up on it. Helps that I don't have a bike with acres of plastic.

If you know the words, please do tell! I have tried them all, I have done a few dances with vigorous arm waving and foot kicking. I have sacrificed a few of the lesser of these 'tools' to the back yard. The neighbors believe I'm a raving lunatic, but it is the dance. My wife says she realizes it is all 'part of the process!' but she hasn't joined in.

And with all this, tools and parts continue to disappear. The latest was a complete set of foot pegs for the BMW. Now tell me, how do you lose a set of foot pegs? Soooo ... if you know the words, holy cow mate, share them. :lol2:

That's a whole nother problem, you have road gremlins living in your bike!!

Back