• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

CTOR, Great place to ride and camp

There are many side trails and play areas off the main loops. I think we could stay busy with the main loops and the extra stuff. Benny doesn't mind riding off the trails. I have only ridden the 4 main loops and I don't know how to find the other stuff. Do some youtube searches for CTOR, many of the regulars post vids of the alternate stuff. We need to get StrokedAndBored and/or Vinny or some of the other regulars out there with us.

The weekend of July 29 is the start of Sander's Cloudcroft ride. I have been thinking of doing that one. Aug 12 is possible, but it will be hot.

Count me in. I'll get Vinny and some of the other guys to come along.

You can stitch together quite a few miles of trail at CTOR.
The main loops are just the beginning - That's loop 1,2,3,4.
Then there is 1X, 2X, Rollercoaster, Terd Herd Bypass, Funland, Tripod Hill, BBM (Broke Bike Mountain), LBC ('Little bit o Colorado), Ridge Trail. etc.

Plenty of riding for 2 days.

Ok on a recommendation from JT I will switch from Hidden Falls tomorrow to CTOR, so long as I can find it... hope to run into some other riders.

Ok on a recommendation from JT I will switch from Hidden Falls tomorrow to CTOR, so long as I can find it... hope to run into some other riders.
Google "CTOR". It should take you right to it

Call Bennywhen you're on the way to let him know you're coming and to get the gste code, and let him know that you'll be riding with guys that know the place - he's not too keen on people riding by themselves if they haven't been there before. 125-421-73178

We'll be there around 8

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Some Pro's riding different pieces of CTOR:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3_Pl6a56_A"]CTOR KIRKPATRICK[/ame]

Oh yea I was riding just like that on Sunday (NOT). Had a blast though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm gonna try to make August 12th weekend. I haven't been to CTOR yet because it's far enough to make me want to just hit Emma rather than take the toll road to get to CTOR. But I keep hearing good things from everybody who does HF or Emma.

If I make it I'll shout out a sweat covered hi to all y'all who are there as I see you.

What's the word for this weekend?
There are some other guys that want to come up from Houston to ride the technical bits with us as well.

The side trails are not "killers", but they are not "gimmie's" either. There are a lot of technical climbs, off camber corners, loose Rocky stuff, log hopping, steep drops, etc.

There are 2 climbs that I've still not worked up the courage to attempt - both have big kickers in the middle of them - mostly because I have to get to work on Mondays.

There will most likely be an easier ride going that morning as well with the group.

If it keeps raining this week, however, ctor holds on to a lot of water for a while on some of the loops... We usually go to hidden falls when it's wet.

I think I have to agree with Meridan, 99 on Sat and 97 for Sunday is just too hot. SAB and I are hoping to do a camp out there, but we will just have to wait till it cools off a bit.

If anyone ends up going to CTOR, I'd be interested to tag along and check the place out on a guest pass, sounds like the kind of place where you sorta have to "know someone". Enjoyed HF a lot, but wanted to see this one before deciding which one to get a membership to.

I think I have to agree with Meridan, 99 on Sat and 97 for Sunday is just too hot. SAB and I are hoping to do a camp out there, but we will just have to wait till it cools off a bit.
I wouldn't want to camp out in 97 degrees either.
[emoji12] ... that's just miserable.

We'll be riding the nasty stuff on Sunday morning from the sound of it. Let's get another weekend picked out for after it cools off.

I still want to expore CTOR this weeknd, but I read "CTOR holds water like a sponge" or something like that. Will the recent rains this week keep CTOR noticeably muddy if no more rain happens through the weekend?

As long as we don't get more rain after thursdsy, it should be good Sunday.

Cool thanks I'll keep tabs on the weather feed then. Hoping for both Saturday and Sunday there if the weather cooperates. If not, I'm heading for another visit to the Emma woodshed.

Back